my first dandilion

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by laurie sullivan, May 16, 2007.

1. hello, this is my first post, my first micro, well......my first in a lot of things. i have been a die-hard filmer. well, this month i bought my first DSLR and i'm so hooked.....:Little:. i bought a D50 with a 18 55 F2.8, a tameron 90mm macro, then went back and got a 2x teleconverter. well this was my first "oh wow" picture. please feel free in telling me what you think.

laurie

DSC_0151.

2. Very nice.

3. Beautilful!

Tried to take something similar some weeks ago but wasn't really successful. Now I realize why. The trick is to take a picture of a dandelion which only hasn't any seeds left pointing in your direction so that you get a "relatively" even focal plane.
    That way one can focus on the center and the remaining seeds without having them obstructed by other seeds pointing to you.

Hopefully I'll remember that when I get my next chance.... :wink:

4. thanks for the warm welcome,

Daniel, this little bud was full on the first shots. then i blew on it and re-shot. i was quite happy. i have only taken about 100 pic's with this new camera. i still have a lot to learn.

laurie

5. Very nice, very sharp! Keep it up, and I will also remember to remove part of the seeds, that works great.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.