My First (Decent) Pano

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by JayR, Oct 30, 2005.

1. JayR

JayR

Jul 6, 2005
    Redmond, WA.
    Yesterday we went to the revolving restaurant on top of the Space Needle in Seattle for brunch. The views from the restaurant are gorgeous and we really enjoyed it.

I had taken my D70 w/ 50mm 1.8 with me for snapshots. I decided to try a pano and fired 3 shots handheld. I tried stitching them in PSE but for some reason PSE was failing to stitch the pano properly. I also have a copy of Microsoft Digital Image Suite and to my surprise it did a good job of stitching the images.

This is my first pano attempt and I am quite satisfied with it. It is not ultra sharp but I think the pano turned out decent. Please do take a look and tell me what you think.

[​IMG]

Link to original
    http://jayr.smugmug.com/photos/42056931-O.jpg

2. Hey. I think it's a well executed pano. I'm from Seattle originally so maybe I'm biased...

3. For a handheld image I think you did very well. Congratulations on your first successful pano.

4. Jay,
    This is very nice indeed. Just think of all the possibilities you have unvieled. I did my first Pano this summer too and find it very interesting. I have a place about 75 miles from me called Spy rock. It is on the appalachian trail and the view is 360 degrees. My hope is to find the right combination of weather, light, climbing strength and patience to do the job right once I get there and see what I can do with that.
    Anyways I expect you will be doing a few more of these.
    Dave

5. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Very Nicely done ! Another inexpensive program for stitching is Panorama Factory. Cheap, fast and it produces great results. Hope to see more panos from you, this image is excellent !

Regards

RFC

6. JayR

JayR

Jul 6, 2005
    Redmond, WA.
    I appreciate all the comments.

I will check out Panorama Factory. I was quite surprised with Microsoft DIS. I am going to get a bubble level and see if I can shoot some good panos using a tripod. It is a lot of fun.

Regards,

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice Pano. Good job.

Haven't tried that yet :>))