My first drop art photos in six weeks

Going on vacation and doing other types of photography pulled me away from doing drop art photography since September. I had conducted only six sessions using two bottles and I wasn't happy with the alignment of the nozzles. So, for the first time in my life :eek: I recorded some videos. All of them were slow motion videos of the drops as they fell from the bottles into the margarita glass. Reviewing the videos made it easy to determine that the drops from the second bottle weren't falling close enough to where the drops from the first bottle were falling. Every time I made a very small adjustment to the position of the second nozzle, I recorded another video until eventually the drops from the second bottle were falling to where I wanted them to land.

All of the photos shown below were made using one bottle that dispensed two drops of red liquid and another bottle that dispensed one drop of blue liquid. The green tones in the surface of the liquid in the margarita glass are reflections of the green tones in the background.

Photo #1
Mike 2020-11-12--0011-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Photo #2
Mike 2020-11-12--0013-S.jpg

Photo #3
Mike 2020-11-12--0017-S.jpg

Photo #4
Mike 2020-11-12--0022-S.jpg

Photo #5
Mike 2020-11-12--0025-S.jpg

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom