My first "fashion" shoot

Discussion in 'People' started by Nicke77, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Hi everyone,

I'm a totally a beginner at studiolightning and everything about it but it's really fun and I learn more for every time I try.

These pictures is from my last studio shoot. I would really like to hear what you think about the pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And forgive my bad english. It's been a while I wrote in english :biggrin:

/Nicke

2. 1st one... pretty well, seems a little flat, but I don't know how you would change that and keep the same feeling.

2nd one... again, pretty good, I'd call it perfect.

3rd one... some of her hair is a little blurry and getting close to being blown out. Not enough to really distract me, but it may be worth a look or two if you try this type of shot again.

4th one... Clean up her skin more! The otehr two shots you have a model that's perfect, then we see spots on her arms, stuff on her face... just take a few min to clean that up and then it'd be a pretty good shot.

3. If you are a beginner with studio work I would say you are off to a great start. Your model is lovely and I especially like her look in #1.

4. nshape

nshape

Jul 25, 2006
    NB Canada
    I like 1 the best. She is a pretty girl!

5. If this is your first shoot you should be very proud. Since you did ask for comments I'll ad mine below but remember that these are only my opinion. If you agree with something I say then you may want to work on that, but if I say something you don't agree with it, forget it and move on.

#1 It's all about eyes. This is otherwise a successful image except for the excessive bulging from her undergarments, but that can be edited out. Lighten the area around the eyes.

#2 Fashion is about selling. What is this shot supposed to be selling. Interesting concept but missing a focal point.

#3 This is my pick of the four but the composition is too static. Crop everything off to the left of her ear and then clone in more BG to the right to get the proper porportion.

#4 I can't find anything to like about this shot.

6. ponykilr

ponykilr

May 23, 2007
    usa
    I see a trend in fashion photography to have less pp work and less of a "perfect" light and skin quality. These pics have a "real" quality that I like.

The first reminds me of 60's fashion and it has a very classy vintage look.

The second is my favorite and to me has an 80's feel. It reminds me of someone I just can't seem to put my finger on.

The 3rd has a lovely washed out look that makes me think of a mascara ad. I think this is intentional and I think it fits the image well.

The 4th is controversial, it has a similar look to the 3rd, but the contrast seems too high, and there are some bad shadows.

I say you did a great job. I would like to see more of your work with this model.

7. Thanks everyone for your comments. It's very educating to hear what other people have to say. Nice to hear that I made a pretty good job for a newbie ;)

I hope I'll get the chance to work with this model again and I promise to post the new pictures then.

8. ponykilr

ponykilr

May 23, 2007
    usa
    Do that Niklas.:887: