My First Florida Post

Discussion in 'Merritt Island I' started by jfenton, Feb 24, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    I was blessed with finding an osprey nest out in the middle of nowhere that was actually constructed in a TREE and not on one of those silly platforms where he rest of the crew had to go to shoot these majestic birds!

(I'm just bustin ya!).

I've got lots of good shots from this pair, but these are a couple of my favorites. Every afternoon at 3:30 sharp, this beautiful male would sit on this limb facing the sun...eat a fish and then sun himself. Here are just two of a couple of the 100 or so I shot of him sunning....(I had to shoot hat many..I was in AWE of this creature and knew I'd never get another perfect opportunity like this in late afternoon sun with a blue sky behind him).

Both shots were with the 200-400 with a TC14EII ISO 320 1/640 f8 matrix metered -0.7EV. I shot at 320 cause I knew noise wouldn't be a problem if I exposed correctly so that I could use f8 and get good depth of field on the entire bird.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jim,

Where in the world were you when you got these shots?!!? You kept this place a secret....?? 8) :? :wink:

Great shots :!: :!:

Can't wait to see more.

Regards,

Frank

3. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Umm..hmmm...well......you never asked if we should go there and I figured a caravan of all of us might just upset this pair.

I mean hey....we were all of 6 minutes from them them you were shooting pelicans my friend :twisted:

Jim

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Awesome clarity, Jim!

Really nice touch with the pine branches really adding to the composition.

5. Sandbagging the secret spot

Verynice Jim, great detail and colors very well composed a winner all the way around