My first for 2006

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by RayGuselli, Jan 1, 2006.

1. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi all

Went out today on a lovely day and decided to go the opposite to my usual "make a dreary day nice".

Today was glorious so I created something a bit more sinister to match the sad, derelict urban landscape.

Hope it has worked.

Two versions - any help, advice or comments as always appreciated.

Very best wishes to everyone for 2006.

Ray

As taken

[​IMG]

Version 1

[​IMG]

Version 2

[​IMG]

2. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    Hi Ray,

I definitly like version 1 more. May be because it looks more real and dramatic. The difference between the original is unbelievable. Where do you get these awesome clouds from?

Great Job!!!

3. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Hi Ray,I also like the first one the best because of the golden color of the grass and the natural overall tones.The way you enhanced the light is awesome.What is this place by the way,an old barracks? The sinister spin is working for you Ray,keep it up.

4. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Pete

Many thanks - I must be a creature of the night with this sinister feel to my pics:biggrin:

It was an old papermills and now sadly as you can see is in serious disrepair.

Very best wishes to you for the New Year

Ray

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Ray,

I loke the coloring of the first best..

The sky... Well I am just not sure. Like the Idea but something is not quite right.. Perhaps the leading dark cloud is a distraction. To big and wide.

Just can't figure it out.

I have some skys hiding away somewhere.. Need to dig the up for you.:>)))

6. Hello Ray

I like the way you cropped to a bit of a Pan, it's what I would have done. I like your second version the best. The B&W foreground and background works for me.