My first HDR in DC

Cherry%20Blossoms%20HDR.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is my first HDR image. Please let me know your view or comments on this. Usually I don't like overly done HDR but I don't know how I did it. Nobody sees owns mistake. :)

Real Name
Mike
I don't think the HDR is over-done. The first thing I notice is that the horizon is not level. I think I would like to see more of the cherry blossoms and less of the dead space in the water and sky. Just my opinion.

I wouldn't consider this as a HDR, it looks like it was taken from one of those compact (point & shoot) camera to me.

The composition isn't right, too many junks on the foreground which doesn't balance well the background. It's just too complex in the eyes.

Hope you could get a better image next time!

If you want my honest opinion..

On composition....

I'm certainly no expert, but the main center of attention of your picture, are the rocks on the ground. My eyes are immediately drawn to that. I can partially see a beautiful cherry blossom tree ( and is that a weeping willow also? ) to the right and a nice bridge and cityscape in the background. All of which would have made much better subjects.

On the HDR...

It looks like a regular photo to me. Not an HDR.

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
I do not think the HDR is overdone. On the contrary, I think its as it should be -at least in my eyes- : you do not notice it.

But I agree on the faults in the composition. I see you created on the right side below a green triangle. Triangles are always unbalanced, especially if you do not balance them with some 'counterweight' in the photo.
I think the photo would have been right, if you had taken a step forward and dropped on your knees. In that case the disturbing grass would have been gone and if you had pointed the camera a bit more to the right and so would have gotten more of the tree, it would be better.
But please remember: composition is difficult because everyone has his own opinion on it. I'm pretty sure there are members here who have more experience as I that do not agree with my comments:smile:!

I think the HDR is just about perfect—very natural looking.

the shot doesn't need HDR thats why it looks natural cause it really isn't doing anything for the pic

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom