My first house.

I have never owned a house and never thought I would. Since getting married to Lisa though [Lisaeh on the 'cafe] my priorities have changed and I think perhaps the woman is the one who wants more stability, like owning a house.
Well we've been driving all over looking at houses for a while and finally found one that Lisa really loved because it reminds her of houses in Canada [lots of stairs]. I wasn't too keen on the steep driveway but Lisa test drove the car into the garage and it worked out ok.
I must say after living in South Africa most of my life and moving to New Zealand 11 years ago I never dreamed I would ever own a house especially like this! I suppose realistically all I will own is a big fat mortgage :smile:

This is the front.

It even has a secret storage place under the stairs [don't tell anyone!]

One of its strongest points is the fact that Lisa doesn't want to change anything! [ A happy wife is a happy life ]

Then there's the specially designed explosion deck underneath :biggrin:

Well now it's all about paperwork I suppose.

IsamuM

Not-quite-
Yes, the front does look like a lot of Canadian houses I've seen with that humongous garage. (Or is that just the angle from which the photo was taken?)

The back of the house looks very nice, however, as does the kitchen.

I'm not sure what Lisa is going to think about explosions happening on the "explosion deck," though. :biggrin:

Desmond, congrats on the house. Photography gear and wine under the stairs, explosion deck, what more do you need. Don't worry about telling Lisa of the explosion deck, I would be more worried about the bank finding out!!!!! Mark

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Desmond, congrats on the house. Photography gear and wine under the stairs, explosion deck, what more do you need. Don't worry about telling Lisa of the explosion deck, I would be more worried about the bank finding out!!!!! Mark
Good point, I won't mention that in the insurance!
The garage also has plenty of room for a 'man cave' with a work bench and some tools so I can modify capacitors and camera flashes ...... I can't wait!

Real Name
Mike
Congratulations, Desmond and Lisaeh! I hope your homeowner's insurance underwriter isn't a Nikon Cafe member. :biggrin:

That garage looks like it will funnel all the rain right into the garage. Nice house tho. I’ve owned my home since 1980, and I would Never rent again. It’s been paid for since 1987.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom