My first image posted on this forum

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Bohdan, May 1, 2005.

1. Just would like to share with you one of my favourite images. Two reasons: First I want to show you what Thunder Bay looks like and second I want to make sure I know how to post an imagefrom pbase on this forum.

large.

Bohdan

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Now that I would hang on my wall.

Beaitiful

Really good eye here.

3. Thanks very much Gale...Actually I have a 20x 30 print hanging in my office.
    A place called Waller Lake just outside Thunder Bay
    Having tea in the morning and I woke up to this site.

Bohdan

4. Simply beautiful!

Rich

5. WOW, I can see why it is one of your favorites. Excellent shot and beautiful area!!! :D :D :D :D

6. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Beautiful Moody image. :)

7. Fantastic image! Very nice.

8. Thanks everyone

Thanks Rich, photodawg, Craig and TKO for your kind words.

Bohdan

9. Great shot, love the mood!

Regards,
    -Vinod

10. That is what you call starting off with a bang. Beautiful image Bohdan

11. Thanks Vinod

The mood of the image was reflective of that particular moment at the lake when my wife and I took our tea out to the dock and that glorious image appeared to us. So who could say no to a picture.

Thanks Again

12. Bohdan,

Spectacular. I can see this picture haning on my wall as well. Well done and welcome to Nikon Cafe !

13. Wow - that is a great pic!

14. Moody scenic inspiring calm. Thanks for sharing Bohdan.

15. Beautiful, Bohdan. You do Canada proud. I've always enjoyed northern Ontario and you've captured it beautifully. Love the mist...

16. Nice capture Bohdan!

There's many things to like about it, but here's my favorites:

- the clouds are starting to break and you can just see a little blue in the sky -- adds interest
    - there's both sharpness (treeline, water ripples, etc.) and softness in the same image in a complementary way
    - the light of the sun -- creates the impact of the photo, really

Great job!

17. d_ip

d_ip

Mar 18, 2005
    Alberta, Canada
    Simply breathe taking. :wink: :wink: :wink:

18. Thanks Jay, Philinnz, Daodang, TOLady, David M and D_ip for your comments,.
    Nature did all the work, I was just there to enjoy the moment

Bohdan

19. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Nice shot, Bohdan, and since no one else asked

Can you tell us about the particulars of this shot, ie camera used and it's settings? It's simply gorgeous!

20. My pleasure.
    This was taken with the Nikon D 70 using the kit lens ( it was mounted at the time )
    18-70 DX.
    Aperture priority
    F /14
    1/320 s
    Centre Weighted
    shot at 25 mm.

About ten minutes later the lake looked something like this , taken at a different angle

large.

bohdan