My first image posted on this forum

Just would like to share with you one of my favourite images. Two reasons: First I want to show you what Thunder Bay looks like and second I want to make sure I know how to post an imagefrom pbase on this forum.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Bohdan

Bohdan said:
Just would like to share with you one of my favourite images. Two reasons: First I want to show you what Thunder Bay looks like and second I want to make sure I know how to post an imagefrom pbase on this forum.

Bohdan
Simply beautiful!

Rich

Beautiful, Bohdan. You do Canada proud. I've always enjoyed northern Ontario and you've captured it beautifully. Love the mist...

Nice capture Bohdan!

There's many things to like about it, but here's my favorites:

- the clouds are starting to break and you can just see a little blue in the sky -- adds interest
- there's both sharpness (treeline, water ripples, etc.) and softness in the same image in a complementary way
- the light of the sun -- creates the impact of the photo, really

Great job!

Nice shot, Bohdan, and since no one else asked

Can you tell us about the particulars of this shot, ie camera used and it's settings? It's simply gorgeous!

My pleasure.
This was taken with the Nikon D 70 using the kit lens ( it was mounted at the time )
18-70 DX.
Aperture priority
F /14
1/320 s
Centre Weighted
shot at 25 mm.

About ten minutes later the lake looked something like this , taken at a different angle

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

bohdan

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom