My First IR photo post

Well I got a D70 & a 18-70mm from the sale forum & sent the D70 to Jim Chen to get converted. I've had it for about one month now & took it with me on vacation the first thing I did.

Anyhow, I thought I'd share a few of the shots I've gotten over the month. I'm still working on figuring out my pp skills on the IR shot, but Danielle was sweet enough to share some notes she had to get me started....

Some constructive C&C will be appreciated - but I'm not a landscape photographer & I'm not thick skinned... Also - I was always taught that if giving C&C - remember to point out both positive & negative stuff. That would be nice as I thrive on being told if I'm heading the right direction as opposed to everything wrong wrong wrong.....

OK here we go....

Thanks for looking

Lil :smile:

# 1 -

p685172237-4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

# 2 - Got a tad creative here....

p515026597-4.jpg

# 3

p327187909-4.jpg

# 4

p978680746-4.jpg

# 5

p772250024-4.jpg

# 6

p1063527691-4.jpg

# 7

p1057701813-4.jpg

# 8

p33141623-4.jpg

# 9

p223304253-4.jpg

# 10

p298446404-4.jpg

Nice B-W's! Interesting vacation spot too.
Looks like you have a good handle on the B-W conversion. You may want to go for the channel mix and convert a few to IR color. I made a photoshop action to do the color conversion, works in a snap.
Great start, please post more.

Howdy Lil,

Really love the B&W shots, great tones and very sharp details, love those trees and the water, looked like a stunning place to shoot.

Very nicely done, looking forward to seeing more!!!

Nice B-W's! Interesting vacation spot too.
Looks like you have a good handle on the B-W conversion. You may want to go for the channel mix and convert a few to IR color. I made a photoshop action to do the color conversion, works in a snap.
Great start, please post more.

Thank you Charles,

I'm not good at Photoshop & have just kind of gotten the hang of the recommendations Danielle gave me. Out of NX2 I get interesting color conversions, but found they did not agree with some of my friends. :frown:

Here's an example...

p652999904-4.jpg

Would you mind sharing some pp help for me to get me started on creating color conversions in Photshop?

Thank you for commenting.

Howdy Lil,

Really love the B&W shots, great tones and very sharp details, love those trees and the water, looked like a stunning place to shoot.

Very nicely done, looking forward to seeing more!!!

Howdy Craig,

Most kind of you & Thank you Craig...

The Pacific North West was wonderful to shoot at, but the weather was not on my side up there. Once I came back to L.A. I've gone to a few parks & there I've gotten most of these. I've been thrilled with what I got at the parks. I'm having fun playing & trying to figure out the medium which is so different than color.

I will try to get more stuff once this June gloom weather stops. :smile:

Thank you for the positive feedback

Lil :)

Wow! I really love all of them! The purple creative touch in 2 is for me very well done! The Black&Whites are really well done. And still, the tree of 8, with its composition in the image is really a wall-hanger.

Very well done :biggrin:!

Please keep posting!
Thanks for sharing,
Gabriel

Wow! I really love all of them! The purple creative touch in 2 is for me very well done! The Black&Whites are really well done. And still, the tree of 8, with its composition in the image is really a wall-hanger.

Very well done :biggrin:!

Please keep posting!
Thanks for sharing,
Gabriel

Thank you Gabriel,

very kind & I'm thrilled you like them.

Lil :)

ohmygoodness, Lil. I think the student just exceeded the teacher! :biggrin: wow, I like the creative purple but the b&w's of #4, 6 and 8 are exquisite.

ohmygoodness, Lil. I think the student just exceeded the teacher! :biggrin: wow, I like the creative purple but the b&w's of #4, 6 and 8 are exquisite.

Hi Danielle,

you've got to be kidding. Maybe beginner's luck. :smile:

Glad you like them. I've been learning to colorize them today. Very different pp work on these than what I normally do.

How can I thank you enough for all your help & Charlie's been great as well.

Glad you like them. :smile: Too bad you're so far away or we could go shooting together. :smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom