my first lightning strike!

Well, first off this photo was taken with my old Sony point & shoot. I took it along with me as my "just in case I see something cool" camera.

So my wife and I had seen some dolphin feeding right off the jetty, and I tried to take a night shot (night setting, longer exposure time) hand held to see if I can catch those dolphin. To my surprise there was a lightning strike after I shot the photo and it ended up coming out!

I've always wanted to try and shoot lightning photography but haven't had the opportunity, then by chance I was able to get one!

I know this photo isn't the greatest, but it was pretty decent for its conditions. I hope you all enjoy!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thank you all... Getting this lightning strike was like a lightning bulb going off in my head. I instantly had all these visions of me being able to get more lightning strikes with my D60. Hopefully in the near future I will get a tripod so I can take it to an open area and do some damage!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom