my first lightning strike!

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by sam821, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Well, first off this photo was taken with my old Sony point & shoot. I took it along with me as my "just in case I see something cool" camera.

So my wife and I had seen some dolphin feeding right off the jetty, and I tried to take a night shot (night setting, longer exposure time) hand held to see if I can catch those dolphin. To my surprise there was a lightning strike after I shot the photo and it ended up coming out!

I've always wanted to try and shoot lightning photography but haven't had the opportunity, then by chance I was able to get one!

I know this photo isn't the greatest, but it was pretty decent for its conditions. I hope you all enjoy!

2657290334_063e73328a_o.jpg

2. DM Rosner

DM Rosner

Dec 13, 2006
    Nice catch!

3. Great timing. It's always good to have a "just in case" camera along. I recently started carrying one also.

4. Gary Mayo

Gary Mayo Guest

Great Shot!

5. Thank you all... Getting this lightning strike was like a lightning bulb going off in my head. I instantly had all these visions of me being able to get more lightning strikes with my D60. Hopefully in the near future I will get a tripod so I can take it to an open area and do some damage!