1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

my first lightning strike!

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by sam821, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Well, first off this photo was taken with my old Sony point & shoot. I took it along with me as my "just in case I see something cool" camera.

So my wife and I had seen some dolphin feeding right off the jetty, and I tried to take a night shot (night setting, longer exposure time) hand held to see if I can catch those dolphin. To my surprise there was a lightning strike after I shot the photo and it ended up coming out!

I've always wanted to try and shoot lightning photography but haven't had the opportunity, then by chance I was able to get one!

I know this photo isn't the greatest, but it was pretty decent for its conditions. I hope you all enjoy!

2657290334_063e73328a_o.

2. DM Rosner

DM Rosner

Dec 13, 2006
    Nice catch!

3. Great timing. It's always good to have a "just in case" camera along. I recently started carrying one also.

4. Gary Mayo

Gary Mayo Guest

Great Shot!

5. Thank you all... Getting this lightning strike was like a lightning bulb going off in my head. I instantly had all these visions of me being able to get more lightning strikes with my D60. Hopefully in the near future I will get a tripod so I can take it to an open area and do some damage!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.