My first macro attempt....

Not that I have tried many, but this was after a Ron Reznick workshop, he convinced me to try something "close up" for a change.

Pacific Tree Frogs.

D1H, 60mm Micro, SB-80DX bounced off a reflector held directly overhead. I was pushing into rose bushes, my wife thought I was nuts, and distance to subject was 8-10" or so.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I was amazed at how long they "posed" with the flash going off and me so close. Rather fun with something this close for a change.

Hey Bill, good job. Your a natural with this macro stuff and will have to keep it up. Don't think I have ever seen a tree frog and doubt that any exist here ine the desert of the south west. Nicely done images, especially #2.

greyflash said:
Hey Bill, good job. Your a natural with this macro stuff and will have to keep it up. Don't think I have ever seen a tree frog and doubt that any exist here ine the desert of the south west. Nicely done images, especially #2.
Thanks, Gordon, not sure about the "natural", I have a heck of time finding those miniscule patterns in things the way the others do. With little critters like the frogs, however, it is fun.

Thanks!

daodang said:
Hi Bill,

Very nicely done. You're good at closeup photography. Like espesially #4. Keep it up and show us more closeup pictures.
Thanks, Dao. With your comment and Gordon's it gives me incentive to try it more.

Thanks!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom