My first macro attempt....

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Retief, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Not that I have tried many, but this was after a Ron Reznick workshop, he convinced me to try something "close up" for a change.

Pacific Tree Frogs.

D1H, 60mm Micro, SB-80DX bounced off a reflector held directly overhead. I was pushing into rose bushes, my wife thought I was nuts, and distance to subject was 8-10" or so.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was amazed at how long they "posed" with the flash going off and me so close. Rather fun with something this close for a change.

2. Hey Bill, good job. Your a natural with this macro stuff and will have to keep it up. Don't think I have ever seen a tree frog and doubt that any exist here ine the desert of the south west. Nicely done images, especially #2.

3. Hi Bill,

Very nicely done. You're good at closeup photography. Like espesially #4. Keep it up and show us more closeup pictures.

4. Thanks, Gordon, not sure about the "natural", I have a heck of time finding those miniscule patterns in things the way the others do. With little critters like the frogs, however, it is fun.

Thanks!

5. Thanks, Dao. With your comment and Gordon's it gives me incentive to try it more.

Thanks!