My First Milky Way

Real Name
Andy
I took the liberty of doing a quick Photoshop edit of the image from post #19. These are the results on the 242KB compressed jpg. I'm pretty sure that a slightly more thoughtful effort on the original NEF could yield a very pleasing photograph from your excellent capture.

1883z_acnomad_edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

These were the steps I took. Just 30 seconds of work:
Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 11.34.04 AM.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Great capture, as Andy shows above, just a little more post work, and you have a stunning keeper. Unfortunately with milky way shots on a single non stacked single image, to match what our eye sees at a dark sight requires a bit of post work.

Bet Andy’s quick work matches that sky you saw. Good vertical image too.

I took the liberty of doing a quick Photoshop edit of the image from post #19. These are the results on the 242KB compressed jpg. I'm pretty sure that a slightly more thoughtful effort on the original NEF could yield a very pleasing photograph from your excellent capture.

View attachment 1688821
These were the steps I took. Just 30 seconds of work:
View attachment 1688823
Thanks looks nice although I know nothing about the processing you did. Maybe someday I'll get into that.

Real Name
Andy
Thanks looks nice although I know nothing about the processing you did. Maybe someday I'll get into that.
My aim was to show that your SOOC image is better than you may have originally thought. Said another way, you've very quickly achieved an excellent result in the area that I consider the most difficult part of nightscape photography - the capture in the field.

If you are interested in learning the basics of the PS work, I'd be happy to help.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom