1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My first Nikon film camera-Yours was?

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by jmelody, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Nikon F2s purchased in 1980. Wish I still had it. Used it for years and then traded in on Nikon F3hp. This picture was taken with my 2nd Nikon, Nikkormat FT2. probably with 105 micro lens.

2859015498_5fc5c31bdd_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. F5. It replaced a Canon AE-1 program, as well as a box I used to store AA batteries!

Sean

3. Xapathan

Xapathan

Dec 16, 2006
    Nikon F3 - still in use...

11172489f3143e2417.jpg

4. Canon AE-1 Program that my mom bought new and gave me years later. :smile:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2008
  5. Nikon FG purchased sometime in the 1980s. Still in use.

6. jkwa

jkwa

Feb 20, 2008
    Ontario
    Another AE-1 Program here. Still have it and it still works fine.

DSC_0357.jpg

7. Canon AE-1 and then AE-1 Program, with a Vivatar 24mm/2.8 and a Kiron 70-210 f/4-5.6. Went to Nikon when they brought out the D50, which was the first digital SLR I considered affordable and competent.

8. Nikon FE 2.

My first camera was a Pentax ME Super, followed by the FE 2. I used both for several years and later added a used Nikormat FTN. I used all three for years until the Pentax and then the FE2 quit working. Then I went more than a decade not using any cameras, until I got my D40x.

My mother had a Canon AE-1 program, and just recently gave it to my niece. She's having a lot of fun with it.

9. Just added a pic of mine. ;) 

10. bharada

bharada

May 25, 2006
    SF Bay Area, CA
    My first was a Canon A-1, which I gave to my sister a few years ago (she hasn't touched it since I gave it to her :smile: ). I then got a Nikon N70 in the mid-90s. I still have that one sitting in a bag under my desk.

11. willg

willg

Nov 22, 2007
    New Jersey, USA
    Nikkormat Ftn.

12. Nikon F2 Photomic

13. I purchased my first Nikon during 1979 to replace my Pentax Spotmatic SP. IThe Nikon was an FM, with MD-11. I still have that camera along with all other Nikons that followed. That camera started my Nikon collections from S to D3 and all pros and most consumer version in between.

14. I bought an F4s and lenses whilst living in Tokyo in 1992. Still have the lenses, but got rid of the body and purchased a D80 a couple of years ago. At times I still have the urge to shoot b+w film and may pick up another film body at a later date.

15. My first camera was a Kodak Retina IIIC. It still works.

Les

16. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    My first Nikon film camera was an N80 which I purchased in 2004.

17. My first Nikon was an original FM (see below). I still have it, although I doubt that I will ever shoot with it again.
    I also had an F80, but my all time favorite Nikon (digital included) was my beloved F4s. I sold these two when I could still get a few $$ for them.

original.gif

18. my first film camera was a Kodak Pocket Instamatic (110) followed by being allowed to shoot my dad's Sear's SLR once I was old enough (he still has it all in a big case collecting dust with his 3-4 lens) then I sorta just wandered about with a couple random point and shoots and disposables until my parents bought me a Pentax film SLR about 8 years ago which I sold to fund my Nikon D50 purchase 2.5 years ago which was sold just recently to fund my Nikon D300 I own now :) 

19. Nikon FE. Purchased new in 1977.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.