My first Nikon film camera-Yours was?

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by jmelody, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Nikon F2s purchased in 1980. Wish I still had it. Used it for years and then traded in on Nikon F3hp. This picture was taken with my 2nd Nikon, Nikkormat FT2. probably with 105 micro lens.

2859015498_5fc5c31bdd_o.jpg

2. F5. It replaced a Canon AE-1 program, as well as a box I used to store AA batteries!

Sean

3. Xapathan

Xapathan

Dec 16, 2006
    Nikon F3 - still in use...

11172489f3143e2417.jpg

4. Canon AE-1 Program that my mom bought new and gave me years later. :smile:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2008
  5. Nikon FG purchased sometime in the 1980s. Still in use.

6. jkwa

jkwa

Feb 20, 2008
    Ontario
    Another AE-1 Program here. Still have it and it still works fine.

DSC_0357.jpg

7. Canon AE-1 and then AE-1 Program, with a Vivatar 24mm/2.8 and a Kiron 70-210 f/4-5.6. Went to Nikon when they brought out the D50, which was the first digital SLR I considered affordable and competent.

8. Nikon FE 2.

My first camera was a Pentax ME Super, followed by the FE 2. I used both for several years and later added a used Nikormat FTN. I used all three for years until the Pentax and then the FE2 quit working. Then I went more than a decade not using any cameras, until I got my D40x.

My mother had a Canon AE-1 program, and just recently gave it to my niece. She's having a lot of fun with it.

9. Just added a pic of mine. ;)

10. bharada

bharada

May 25, 2006
    SF Bay Area, CA
    My first was a Canon A-1, which I gave to my sister a few years ago (she hasn't touched it since I gave it to her :smile: ). I then got a Nikon N70 in the mid-90s. I still have that one sitting in a bag under my desk.

11. willg

willg

Nov 22, 2007
    New Jersey, USA
    Nikkormat Ftn.

12. Nikon F2 Photomic

13. I purchased my first Nikon during 1979 to replace my Pentax Spotmatic SP. IThe Nikon was an FM, with MD-11. I still have that camera along with all other Nikons that followed. That camera started my Nikon collections from S to D3 and all pros and most consumer version in between.

14. I bought an F4s and lenses whilst living in Tokyo in 1992. Still have the lenses, but got rid of the body and purchased a D80 a couple of years ago. At times I still have the urge to shoot b+w film and may pick up another film body at a later date.

15. My first camera was a Kodak Retina IIIC. It still works.

Les

16. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    My first Nikon film camera was an N80 which I purchased in 2004.

17. My first Nikon was an original FM (see below). I still have it, although I doubt that I will ever shoot with it again.
    I also had an F80, but my all time favorite Nikon (digital included) was my beloved F4s. I sold these two when I could still get a few $$ for them.

[​IMG]

18. my first film camera was a Kodak Pocket Instamatic (110) followed by being allowed to shoot my dad's Sear's SLR once I was old enough (he still has it all in a big case collecting dust with his 3-4 lens) then I sorta just wandered about with a couple random point and shoots and disposables until my parents bought me a Pentax film SLR about 8 years ago which I sold to fund my Nikon D50 purchase 2.5 years ago which was sold just recently to fund my Nikon D300 I own now :)

19. Nikon FE. Purchased new in 1977.