My first Osprey and a few baby wood ducks

After going all the way to Florida to find osprey and never getting a picture of one, I made it my number one priority when returning to Seattle to find one. I got a lead and found a nest in a major park here in the Seattle area. I waited and waited and finally the adult showed up. These are not on par with all the other great osprey shots but at least I found some Osprey after traveling across the country. These were all shot with the D100 and Sigma 500 f4.5 and nikon 1.4tc.

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 11063

View attachment 11064

View attachment 11065

View attachment 11066

And then a few of the baby wood ducks at a local spot near Lake Washington.

View attachment 11067

View attachment 11068

View attachment 11069

Some beautiful shots James, looks like you lucked out! Man do they have nails or what, thats scary. LOL...............keep them coming

Keith

Jim,

These are very good Osprey shots, especially considering that they were at 700mm. Your D100 / Sigma 500 combo is pretty impressive. Which Nikon TC were you using? I have the TC-14EII and I've yet to find a non Nikon AF-S lens that it will work with.

Frank, Thank you. I was using the Nikon 14EII but I had to modify it. I cut the little tab off and then it worked just fine with the Sigma.

Thanks Gordon and Gilles. I too like the ducks. They are sure a lot easier to capture than the osprey.

Thanks Rory. I am happy to have seen some osprey now. You are right, these are pretty hard to shoot. Eagles seem to be a bit easier. My camera does not make the process any easier thats for sure. (I would hate to upgrade and then have nothing to blame for my errors. ) Some day.

I am jolly well impressed with your sigma 500 and the nikon tc.. WOW

Those Osprey shots are fantastic, clear as a tack, great color and proceessed to perfection.

Congratulations on a job well done.

Thank you for sharing.

Thank you for the kind words Gale and Mike. You are sure correct on the addicting part Mike. I am afraid I will need rehab soon. At least that is what my wife says.

I had the chance to photograph an Osprey in Harriman State Park, in Idaho. I don't have the equipment to do it. Only got a very distant, noisy shot with my 70-300 lens.

I didn't even know what the bird was--someone here had to educate me. With your great pictures, I am really educated now!!!

I'll probably never be a bird photographer, but I sure love looking at the great pictures all of you take.

44388307.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hey Terri,

This is not a bad Osprey shot. The 70-300 may not be 'pro' glass, but it ain't bad, and you did a good job of getting it focused and getting a nice steady hold on the cam.

Good job. :wink:

Latest threads

Top Bottom