1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My first Osprey shot

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Kevin Scott, May 26, 2005.

1. Decided to stop at a lakeside park today on the way home from work. Last night there was nothing there but tonight there was a bunch of activity. I got my first Osprey in the wild shots! I was really excited! They flew by continuously for a good hour, almost like they knew I needed the practice for next week @ Merritt Island. :wink:

[​IMG]

2. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    evening sun makes it look really nice. You all fill up your cards at Merritt.

3. Well Kevin,

I have to say that is a fine shot!! :D  :D  :D  :D 

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Kevin,

No doubt, it is a real thrill to get your first raptor. It's been over a year since I got my first raptor shot, and I can still remember the chills that I got when I looked at that LCD. 8)

Very nice shot.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Were waiting for ya Kevin :>)))

3 day now.

Good shot.

Well flew you packed and ready :>))
    Travel safe my friend.

6. Great capture Kevin, Yall have fun, wish I were joining you.

7. Thanks, everyone!

Greg ~ I'm beginning to find that these early morning/early evening shots are turning out particularly well. I'm still such a newbie with bird shooting though that I still go out midday. Forces me to learn metering the white birds in bright sun.

Hey Gale ~ I'm getting antsy! :)  I'm probably going to be over there tomorrow. I wanna go to Viera but I also found a couple of interesting places on Sykes Creek and the Port. Trying to add to the collection of species you know. ;) 

Dave ~ You still can come....not that many hours drive. It should be lots of fun.

Frank ~ I'm looking forward to lots of chills. Gotta get some more CF cards. Drive safely and see you Monday am.

Bryan ~ Thanks for always taking the time to comment. It's much appreciated! :) 

8. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Fantastic shot, Kevin! I look forward to seeing a bunch from all of you after the trip next week. Wish I could be there, but schedule won't allow it. Ya'll travel safely and have a great time!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.