My first Osprey shot

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Kevin Scott, May 26, 2005.

1. Decided to stop at a lakeside park today on the way home from work. Last night there was nothing there but tonight there was a bunch of activity. I got my first Osprey in the wild shots! I was really excited! They flew by continuously for a good hour, almost like they knew I needed the practice for next week @ Merritt Island. :wink:

[​IMG]

2. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    evening sun makes it look really nice. You all fill up your cards at Merritt.

3. Well Kevin,

I have to say that is a fine shot!! :D :D :D :D

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Kevin,

No doubt, it is a real thrill to get your first raptor. It's been over a year since I got my first raptor shot, and I can still remember the chills that I got when I looked at that LCD. 8)

Very nice shot.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Were waiting for ya Kevin :>)))

3 day now.

Good shot.

Well flew you packed and ready :>))
    Travel safe my friend.

6. Great capture Kevin, Yall have fun, wish I were joining you.

7. Thanks, everyone!

Greg ~ I'm beginning to find that these early morning/early evening shots are turning out particularly well. I'm still such a newbie with bird shooting though that I still go out midday. Forces me to learn metering the white birds in bright sun.

Hey Gale ~ I'm getting antsy! :) I'm probably going to be over there tomorrow. I wanna go to Viera but I also found a couple of interesting places on Sykes Creek and the Port. Trying to add to the collection of species you know. ;)

Dave ~ You still can come....not that many hours drive. It should be lots of fun.

Frank ~ I'm looking forward to lots of chills. Gotta get some more CF cards. Drive safely and see you Monday am.

Bryan ~ Thanks for always taking the time to comment. It's much appreciated! :)

8. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Fantastic shot, Kevin! I look forward to seeing a bunch from all of you after the trip next week. Wish I could be there, but schedule won't allow it. Ya'll travel safely and have a great time!