My first Owl shots

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Louis Champan, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Last Saturday Jim Thiel and Bruce Benson introduced me to some great Owl shooting. In spite of being freezing cold, rainy no light we all managed to get a few shots of a great subject.
    Not the best shots and I've already listed all the excuses, but I was just pleased that I got the chance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Louie

2. Louie...You didn't do too bad...In fact you did a great job capturing these hard to find birds.

3. Louie you did a fine job. You are right, it was cold, dark and these little owls are fast. If it were too easy, it would not be as fun. We should have plenty more opportunities and maybe even get some better light. Thanks again for the great day.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Louie,

I agree with Melissa and Jim. Very challenging conditions and a tough bird to shoot under any circumstances. That said, these are not bad, and the last one is very good. :smile:

5. The in flight shots are wonderful - kudos!

Ming

6. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Very nice Louie. I envy you the owls, we don't see too many down here. You can keep your shooting conditions though.

7. Thanks everyone for the comments. I think Jim said while we were shooting they Owls are like trying to shoot moths, they fly so eractically.

Thanks again.

Louie