My first Pano...Chicago skyline

I tried my first panoramic image yesterday. I used Photoshop's Photomerge to blend the six exposures.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

CLICK HERE for the full-sized version (11,142 x 2,470 pixels).

Since this was my first attempt, I decided not to invest in PTGui quite yet. Perhaps I should start my trial period.

In any event, it wasn't quite as easy as I expected. I think the edges of the image are distorted (upward tilt slightly). Also, when viewed in its original size, I started to notice a few small birds that I should have cloned out.

One video recommended shooting panos with the camera in its vertical position as that limits distortion as compared to the wider horizontal view.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance...
Glenn

EDIT: After a little bit of internet research, I learned how to apply the Warp Tool within Photoshop to straighten those edges. I also cloned out the blurred birds and a few dust spots. CLICK HERE to view the revised photo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope others who do panos will give you suggestions. All I can say is for your first attempt, I think you did well. I hope to someday try a pano. I applaud you for trying this.
Thanks David...

I'm hoping to learn more about removing some of the distortion (the lines appear to curve up a bit on the edges) from panos. I'm using Photoshop's Photomerge---but perhaps PTGui or some other software makes it easier to deal with this at the time of the blend...:confused:

Glenn

Glenn, I love the effect. I have never done one, but intend to try at some point. Good work.
Thanks Reggie...

I would like to learn more about panos. I'm becoming fascinated by the details that can be achieved. When I pan through the original image, I see more far more detail in the scene than my previous attempts with a single exposure.

Glenn

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom