My First Pano

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by SRA, Apr 23, 2007.

1. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    This my first attempt at a Pano. The light was horrible, partly my fault for not getting there earlier (had the whole family with me). Otherwise, I am pleased with this try. This is Mesa Arch in Canyonlands National Park near Moab, Utah. Mesa arch is to the left. There is a young man in a red shirt standing on it.

Hope you like it.

[​IMG]

Or see larger here: http://asbellsc.smugmug.com/photos/146419253-O.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2007
  2. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Stunning. Can we get a link to a larger version so we can appreciate s better?

3. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Done.

4. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Even better. Thanks!

5. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi SRA,

Congrats on a wonderful panorama. Honestly one of the nicest panos I have seen at the cafe.

I played around with your original file and was amazed at the detail you were able to capture. http://rfcgraphics.com/request/pano by SRA.jpg

Outstanding !

Regards

RFC

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Good work Scott...Beautiful pano

Good work Robert. That middle did need the shadows area brought up. Sharpening looks good.

7. Good job! I wish my first attempt had looked like that :smile:

As you say - a different day-time would have been good.

Cheers

8. Nicely done. As you said, the big problem here is the lighting. And those pesky people.

9. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    RFC,

Your adjustments were fantastic! Thank you very much. I wish I had more time to learn pp in photoshop. I think you really hit the mark, even if it was your first time. If you have a moment I would appreciate know how you did it.

10. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    David,

I agree on the pesky people. But, they started to grow on me and do give some perspective.

11. AISBLE

AISBLE

Nov 29, 2006
    RI
    Scott, wonderful pano. Do you mind if I ask how many captures and what program you used to stich them together?

12. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Tony,

There were eight captures that were merged together in CS3. Easy process that works great.

13. Scott;

Very nice pano of a beautiful part of our state. Thanks for posting it.