My First Passion Flower

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by CrystallP, May 15, 2007.

1. Hi All,

My red passion flower, 'Lady Margaret', bloomed on Mother's Day!! Unfortunately, the first bloom is hidden amongst leaves and a trellis. The images will improve as the vine grows. Images captured with my 70-180 micro, handheld and processed in Lightroom...I've given up on NX for a while.

large.

View attachment 95691

2. reason if I may?

that's a beaut of a flower there.
    I'm really envious right now! - lol

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Those RED passion flower vines are beautiful
    Nice pics

4. You really make my day!! :biggrin: I have always used Nikon Capture to process my raw files. I purchased NX a few weeks ago and used it for several downloads. The new interface just doesn't work for me right now, so I am giving Lightroom a try. I really like it, so far... Much more to post as Spring progresses into Summer!!

Thank you Gale. I am really looking forward to more blooms. Right now, I have a lot of buds, but the first bloom is obscured by the green metal trellis!! Ouch!! Oh well, more to follow...:biggrin:

5. Gorgeous flower, Crystall! You are going to have so much photographing flowers all spring and summer!

6. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    #1 is very nice. Be careful of those plants, still trying to kill one that 'went under" the house:).

7. Hi Connie, thanks for the feedback. I am having too much fun. I just need to plant the butterfly bushes and tickseed and then I will be finished...almost. I also used a can of Burpee seeds to spread a sunny perennial mix in one of my trays. There's a bunch of seedlings growing like crazy, but I can't identify them!! :redface:

Wow Jeff!! I would love it if this passiflora took over. Apparently the red passiflora is very sensitive to seasonal changes. I will need to take it indoors this Fall or start over next year. Hopefully the butterflies and humming birds will discover my garden soon. :biggrin: