My first picture post

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Stef, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Stef

Stef

Nov 1, 2005
    Peoria, AZ
    OK here goes. I'm still learning my D50. My husband and I went yesterday to the Arizona state capital. There are so many things there to see and take pictures of... and I did take alot of pictures. These topped the best of... for me. I always seem to like the strange ones.
    [​IMG]
    And here is another flower. These were both taken with the Nikkor 70-300G cheapy lens. I know it isn't the best lens out there, but I'm learning :smile:
    [​IMG]
    And here is the last one. I don't know what it is about this one, but I liked it for some reason. I call them palm tree dingle berries, because I don't know what they are really called. :tongue: That is the capital building in the background.
    [​IMG]

2. You've got a good eye for composition, Stef, and have presented some very nice images here. It's a great way to introduce yourself to the community.

Your pictures make the point that composition trumps gear every time.

3. Beautiful photos, Stef. Please keep posting.

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice Stef,
    Thanks for shareing.
    Second one is special

6. Stef

Stef

Nov 1, 2005
    Peoria, AZ
    Thanks to you all for your kind comments. I took so many pictures of monuments, buildings, etc. but it always seems that I like the "unlikely" ones.

I am really learning to like this D50. Seems like I get pretty good results most of the time. When I do get bad results, it is normally "operator error"

7. Good job Stef. I like the composition on your image.

8. Welcome aboard Stef... and what a start. Sure looks like a D2x with a 105 micro... :wink:

It's the hands holding the camera and the eyes looking thru the lens that makes the difference and you Stef have it all.

9. Stef

Stef

Nov 1, 2005
    Peoria, AZ
    :redface: Well thank you. I'm blushing now. I guess I better keep trying then. Only once in a while do I get pictures like this that I really like.

10. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Nice shots Stef. The palm thingies sure look like dingleberries to me.

11. Welcome Stef! Very nice shots. Now that you have started posting I hope to see more of your photos.

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    lol@dingleberries