My first portrait session

Discussion in 'People' started by virtuamike, Jul 27, 2005.

1. dahye02_full.

dahye04_full.

dahye05_full.

dahye06_full.

dahye08_full.

dahye09_full.

2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Very nice.. Very pretty young girl. I really like this one.

dahye06_full.

3. JCPhoto

JCPhoto Guest

I really like the black and white shot. It has a nice feel to it and evokes emotion. I didn't want to touch your shot but I wondered if you flipped it in Photoshop so she's looking to the right it would follow the composition rule better. I did it on my computer and liked it even better...Jim

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Mike, you really have gift for shooting people. The first shot is spectacular. I also loved the one where she was blowing a kiss...the last one was great too...heck, they were all good. Can't wait to see more...well done for a first time!

5. Very nice! I really like the black and white with her looking up to the left. The last one is my 2nd favorite. If this was your first portrait session, I'd say you'll have many more ahead of you!

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    They're all good Mike, but I especially like the one where she's airborne. Her hair is perfect in that!

7. Nice images of a cute young lady. I like your cropping and composition. I bet she likes the images and will tell her friends. Good luck with your fledgling business.

8. Thx everyone! Heh I doubt this is something I can do as a business though, I'm happy just getting dinner/beer out of it for now.

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    But ya gotta admit, dinner and a beer is better than ramen.

10. Heh definately :D

11. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Wait a second Chris, Mike didn't say the dinner wasn't ramen... You never now..
    Since Mike is in San Francisco I'd suggest 2 of my favorite places.
    If it is a nice dinner John's Grill.. Great food.
    Or if it is an affordable dinner then Tommy's Joint.

12. Haha, if dinner was ramen again I'd be really really sad.

13. The sepia and B&W images really caught my eye. I'm a fan of all of them, but I really love those two specific photos. Job well done, and an excellent model.

14. clew

clew Guest

These are fantastic. Very vibrant. You've got a great model there, too. She knows how to talk to a camera.

chris

15. Thx! Yes, I'm very lucky I got to work with her as my model.