My first post: GBH

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Tomerrifc, Aug 25, 2005.

1. This is my first post. I shot this guy in back of the apartment complex we live in here in IL.

D2X
    300mm f/2.8

I saw a great opportunity today as I was coming back from the office here picking up a package. There was a GBH sitting up in one of the trees behind our building. Just as I was about to run up to the apartment to get my camera, along comes a guy and his son on their bikes tooting their horns and off he goes. So the wait continues. :(

2. It pays to be ready. Nice image.

3. Thanks Gordon,

You are so right, it really pays to be ready.

It never fails, if I leave the apartment without a camera, I run into all kinds of opportunities. And if I take one with, nothing. Story of my life!

Go figure!

4. You just got to go home more often :wink: man everyones back yards or front yards drives me nuts! LOL........... Welcome to the cafe and what a nice first pic it is!

5. Thanks Keith,

I know what you mean about the front/back yards. Finally I live near some wetlands and can get a shot or two.

Here's another from the other day.

D2X, 70-200mm VR without the VR handheld. This one I don't think was as sharp.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice shot Ty. Your story reminds me of something that happened on our Florida trip this past June. We met this nice lady down by a boat ramp (I was looking for birds to shoot), and she took us onto the grounds of her multi-unit condo which was right next door. Right out in her back yard there were 2 or 3 GBH's, and a couple of Brown Pelicans. I told Janie right on the spot that I was ready to move to FL. :tongue:

Welcome to the Cafe BTW. :wink:

7. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Welcome to the Cafe! You will enjoy the folks here, and there is a lot of great photography in all the forums. Nice start with your first posts - your GBH images are very good. Gotta say that I'm jealous that you have wetlands nearby. I hope to see lots more pix from them!

Gordon

8. bfjr

bfjr Guest

welcome very nice 1st post
    lucky there so close to you, you should get plenty more chances so be ready !! :smile: