My first post here

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by j.ankanpaa, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Hello everyone!

My name is Jukka and I´m from Finland. Have been lurking here every now and then and I was thinking why not to join in. I got my D70 in this spring,
    before that using CP 5700.

Well, this summer I have been shooting mostly insects, something that I have allways wanted to do but didn´t have equipment to do it before. Here is some of my pics from this summer. They`re shot handheld withTamron 90mm & Sb-600. I was also using Kenko 1.4x TC with some of them. So take a look!

#1 I finish this first, then I´ll kiss you
    oll050.

#2 Just posing
    80b966af.

#3 Look into my eye, tell me what you see
    oll066.

#4 Hovering over the bulrush
    oll048.

#5 Hanging in red
    oll027.

#6 Jumper attacks
    oll019.

#7 Being cute
    oll051.

#8 Licking the house
    oll041.

#9 Eyebrows a ´la Breznew
    oll006.

#10 Eating out with friends
    oll007.

#11 My favourite insect here in Finland, a male scorpion fly
    o009.

Thanks for looking!

Best Regards,
    Jukka

2. Well, Jukka, welcome aboard. Wait til Martin sees the fabulous images you've got here. This is the kind of work we really enjoy seeing, so I hope you'll stay and post a lot more! :smile:

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

3. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Very cool - a lot of us will get a big kick out of these little fellers. Thank you.

4. Wonderful work, Jukka! and welcome to the cafe. One of the programmers in my team is from Finland, Mikella, I believe; near Helsinki. Is that near you?

Rich

5. Thank you all for your comments!

Rich: Yes, I live in Helsinki. Say terve (=hello) to her for me :biggrin:

Best Regards,
    Jukka

6. These are amazing macro Jukka! Don't know how you guys can get so close to the critters without scaring them off...

Regards,
    Jonathan

7. Great entry!

BTW - scorpion flies are really amazing insects.
    Cheers

8. Really great macro shots Jukka. I am glad you have posted these images and hope to see more of your work in the future. The detail on these images is fantastic.

9. Thank you for sharing this - amazing stuff. It's incredible how close you have worked. We're in the microscopic range at times. Excellent DOF and exposure - a real challenge in macrophotography.

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent buggies.

Like that scorpion fly also. What an unusual creature.

Great photos and love your captions.

Welcome and thanks for sharing shuch great images and creatures.

11. All great shot hope to see more.

12. hawkbug

hawkbug Guest

Welcome Jukka. Wonderful photos!

Hawk

13. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

14. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Wonderful series, Jukka! All great shots showing nice details. That scorpion fly is really different!

15. Jukka -

Beautiful photos with great technique!

Kiitos,

Eric

16. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Jukka,
    Welcome and great series to start with. Don't think I've ever been so close to these insects before. Keep them coming and thanks,

Gaye

17. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very sharp picture

18. Thank you all for your very very nice comments!!! I´m glad you liked them!

And sure, I´ll post more... It´s just getting very end of the season here :frown: Yesterday I went to do some bug hunting and there´s still some life out there like hoppers, flies and spiders, but it´s getting more and more quiet. The weather was awfull, it rained first, terrible wind and it was also quite cold, so insects weren´t very active I think. I guess it was my mistake as I didn´t check the weather forecast... saturday was very nice day indeed...

Well, I got only one decent picture, a hopper:
    hgfh008.

Hopefully there´s still some shooting days left in here. Otherwise I need to dig my archives if there´s some to be posted here (well, I think there might be :smile: )

19. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    As the others have already said, very nice series. What a way to introduce yourself. :smile: