My First Post

Hi all .........

I just signed up to the forum today. My name is Bob and I live in the Los Angeles area. I just got into photography late last year. I purchased a Nikon D80 with the 18-200 VR lens. I'm still trying to learn how to use it ..... and it's a slow process for me. At the same time, I'm also trying to learn Photoshop 7 and Paint Shop Pro xi. I have made a few attempts in the post processing field and would like to post some here for feedback and criticism.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks in advance and I look forward to learning from all of you ........

Bob

its a nice shot Bob.. only thing I think you have gone to far with the editing. looks over saturated and over exposed. this is a great place to learn.. and let me say Welcome to the cafe..

Yvette, Tim

Thanks for viewing and taking the time to write. I know I will learn a lot here. Thanks for the welcome.

Bob

M

Mitchell-Krog

Hi Bob, welcome to the cafe :wink: I like the colours, I think a teensy-weensy bit of sharpening would define some of those nice lines.

May I also suggest trying out Adobe Lightroom which is a new product from Adobe which is awesome for editing, creating libraries etc, it has all the controls you need to make any sort of adjustment to your photo and you can also switch back and forth between photoshop for any advanced editing too. I have just recently started using it myself after trying so many other applications over the years and I think Lightroom is the answer. One of it's greatest features is that you work with Virtual copies of a photo so this means you only have one original photo and when you make adjustments to it, only the adjustments are stored in the database and it doesn't create multiple copies of the same photo which normally just takes up precious space. When you finally get a virtual copy of a photo you are happy with you just export that as a physical copy and then post it here of course. You can also rate, filter, stack and group collections of photos, you can export slideshows to PC or Web and lots more.

Hope you have lots of fun with your D80, show us more soon.

PS - I don't work for Adobe :biggrin:

Gale,

Thanks for taking a look ..........

Mitch,

Thanks for the welcome and the information on Adobe Lightroom. There are so many products out there, all with their own strong supporters, it's hard to know which ones to try. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to spend with either photography or post processing .......... I'm looking forward to the day that I do. I will definitely look into Lightroom and appreciate you taking the time to write me.

Bob

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom