My First Roll Ever!

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Snipps, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Snipps

Snipps

Oct 7, 2006
    I made some prints from my first roll today.I wasn't really allowed to bring them home as they need to be graded but I made 2 of one of them and brought one home. Its nothing special, but its my first rolll and I was getting used to the camera. My assignment was to shoot patterns.

435679880_b2357eded5_b.

2. TechPan

TechPan

Oct 5, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Cool first shot

...welcome to the dark side.

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Nice Andrew. What kind of film did you use?

4. Snipps

Snipps

Oct 7, 2006
    Shot on Tri-X 400 in a Nikkormat FTn.I wanna say f/3.9,1/500 ish.

5. Good going Andrew!

6. Andrew,

Looking forward to seeing more of your work. Interesting first post, seems lines and geometry catch your eye.

I have been abusing a Nikkormat FTn for decades, it is one tough camera. I took mine in for its ten year overhaul and was telling the tech that I had been giving the Ftn regular salt baths and sand scrubs lately. His reply was that the Nikkormat Ftn is one of the few cameras that can be regularly submerged and filled with sand and keep working. So don't be afraid to put the camera in harms way for a photo, if you can survive it, so can a Nikkormat FTn.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  7. Ain't it a gas to soup your first roll and experience the magic of the results? You'll be forever hooked now. Good luck. There's a long road ahead, far and away very different than digital.