My First Self-Portrait (B&W)

Hi all,

The wife and kids are away this week and as the weather is sooo awful, I thought I would try my luck with some lighting.

This is a single SB-800, into a brolly.

Oh, and I only had one 'model' - ME!

Very rare to get into a shot myself, but I thought I would share this one.

I really welcome your thoughts... Is the crop too tight? Is the pp too much? Is it just plain awful?

Thanks,

Paul

345861182_bqoPL-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

hmm a brolly? interesting - I have a brolly - I use it to make black n tans (mmmm beer)

but I think in his meaning is an umbrella :)

Sen:
Brolly-Umbrella (darn Texans, need educating on everything--Remember Gary P Nunn's song with Jerry Jeff?)

I like the shot--lighting and shadows are brooding and mysterious while the eyes say "I'm friendly"!

How did you get the focus so spot on?

Sen:
Brolly-Umbrella (darn Texans, need educating on everything--Remember Gary P Nunn's song with Jerry Jeff?)

I like the shot--lighting and shadows are brooding and mysterious while the eyes say "I'm friendly"!

How did you get the focus so spot on?

Thanks! The focus was pretty lucky - I set an Aperture of f8 to give me some DOF, point the camera in the general direct of where I was sitting, and used the remote release...

I was so suprised with how many 'keepers' I got!

Paul

Thanks! The focus was pretty lucky - I set an Aperture of f8 to give me some DOF, point the camera in the general direct of where I was sitting, and used the remote release...

I was so suprised with how many 'keepers' I got!

Paul

Thanks--I should try that--my wife is scared to touch my camera!

S

scooptdoo

IMHO This shot strait up would be more powerful.the shadowing i mean lighting is very nice.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom