1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My first stab on "heavy" Photoshop

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Cleanmaxx Brian, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Hi all,
    I am not one to really modify a picture in Photoshop. In fact, my goal normally is to make every picture look as it did when I shot it. However today my buddy who I went shooting with the other night said he had a shot from cruise night that he liked, but it came out really bad and wondered "what can I do with it"? I played for a bit and this is what i came up with...
    CC Welcome:biggrin:

Picture taken by Scott Schatzel with a Nikon D40x and the kit lens.
    "My version" *If you click the image, it will look a LOT better...
    1/320s f/6.3 at 22.0mm iso400
    original.
    I did lots of layers, Neat Image, saturation, shadow highlights, and tons of USM...

And the original for reference:
    original.

2. It came out pretty good! I like it!

3. truflip

truflip

Jul 28, 2008
    Ottawa, ON
    Looks good but I think the picture overall needs the same touch the car got.

4. Nice work! The stang really grabs your attention now and the 65 Impala & 66 Nova blend into the background..........

Cheers

Ted:smile:

5. Thanks Ted. Making the Stang grab your attention was my only goal. The other cars...well they are in other pictures:tongue:

6. BagOfBones

BagOfBones

Apr 28, 2008
    Dayton, OH
    Great work!

7. ubetcha

ubetcha

Nov 12, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    very nice, I like it!

8. Kjetil

Kjetil

Jun 14, 2007
    Oslo Norway
    Nice car and nice picture.... !

Hello....

Nice car and nice picture.... !
    Would like to se more pictures of this and the other cars also :) 

If you dont mind... i played around a little with your picture:

I wil remove it if not ok.

[​IMG]

Best regards Kjetil

9. Hentez

Hentez

Aug 9, 2008
    Columbus OH
    Brain that is a great picture, and Kjetil that is an amazing job with the car

10. Nice work ........ great looking car as well.

Best,

11. No problem Kjetil...in fact, I have a version just like yours!
    I made a total of 8 different versions of the same picture and then set up a slide show to see which one I liked best. I also have a few versions where everything is B&W except for the headlights and the orange sky.

12. Hartawan

Hartawan Guest

I wished you had gradually faded the brightness and color of the other cars. The mustang popping out in the picture makes it look awkward, IMHO.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.