My First Time Out

Here's a few from my first time out. I was exceptionally rusty, but it was great to get out and shoot after a long winter. All shot with a D2H and 300mm f/2.8 VR.

Sacrifice bunt...
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Tagged out at home...
View attachment 88330

And the pitch...
View attachment 88331

Tagged out at third base...
View attachment 88332

OMG....these are fantastic Frank. You did really well...

Man what a lens....and photographer of course.

Nice action shots and I really like the bokeh...wow excellent..

I'm still picking up those pennies you talked about..:biggrin:

G

GastheerG

The last one is great! Super moment. I´m not into this sport but love it!
The DOF in the photo with the pitcher is also great!
Very nice series!

My thanks to the both of you, I appreciate the kind words. I honestly wasn't pleased with my shooting during this game, but I guess that we are hardest on ourselves. There is alot of talent in our Sports forum, I like learning from all of you and your experiences.

My thanks to the both of you, I appreciate the kind words. I honestly wasn't pleased with my shooting during this game, but I guess that we are hardest on ourselves. There is alot of talent in our Sports forum, I like learning from all of you and your experiences.
Yea - I'd be upset too...send that lens down here....:biggrin: :biggrin:

Well doesn't look like it took long to shake off the dust:>)))

Nice shots.
Look foward to many more BB game shots

Here's a few from my first time out. I was exceptionally rusty, but it was great to get out and shoot after a long winter. All shot with a D2H and 300mm f/2.8 VR.
Sandbagger :wink:

These turned out great, Frank! Glad to see you IL guys finally getting some nice weather. Send some to the NW will ya LOL

Great shots Frank. Maybe some day I will get to see and play with that new 300 2.8 VR that you got. We can plan for a shoot now that the weather is improving.

:biggrin: What horrible sharpness, color, and contrast you have here....you should trade me straight up for the 300 f/2.8 AF-s ...its heavier and built better :biggrin:

Thanks everyone, I tip my hat to all of you for you nice comments. I had hoped to shoot today, but the weather turned for the worse and is forecasted to be cold for the for the next several days.

I think these are some darn good shots! Great action, expression on the faces. I know you were glad to get out and shoot some baseball. (so..it finally stopped snowing?):smile:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom