My first time to Yellowstone

Hey Chip -

These are amazingly crisp and beautiful. Thanks for giving us such a high standard to shoot for, and for the lens details.

I'm just back from a great week in the park, armed with "only" a Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 + 2X TC for animal shots . . . saving my pocket change now for a 200-400 vr or perhaps the 400 - LOL.

Eric

Hey, Chip, too bad you had such a bad trip :biggrin: :biggrin: I mean, lying between Bison and Coyote scat, yuckyyyyyyyyy :wink:

I like them, but I think the pair of Coyote pups is really quite cool.

Hey, good luck next month :wink:

Hey guys thanks for looking and the comments. I want to go back myself asap but gotta pay the bills:smile:

Bill D,
Thanks. I have cut more mats this month the razor blade company wants me as a spokesperson:wink:

C

cgaengineer

Chip, those are fantastic images...another place on my list of must sees! Dont really have a favorite, like them all!

Chip, these are all great captures. Your hard work really shows in these pictures. I would like to go to Yellowstone again as it had snow on the ground last time I went. You should also try it in late September when the fall colors are out and the rut is on. You would love it for sure.

I do not know what impresses me the most - the exquisite composition and exposures or your skills in finding all these opportunities. Well done and thanks for sharing! Now, catch up on your sleep.

Rob

If you are considering going to Yellowstone then I cannot recommend these people enough. We have stayed with them 3 times, and consider them friends. Approximately 20 minutes from the North Gate, on the road to Emigrant. If you can walk after one of Carol's 5 course breakfasts you are fit for the day.:smile:
Perhaps we should commence and accomodation recommendation topic for the most visited places, such as Y'stone and Yosemite. (Happy Days):smile:

http://www.paradisegateway.com/

great luck great shots I was not that lucky to even see that many animals --great work

Thanks guys for the comments. Yes we really worked the land hard. I put 3500 miles on my car in 9 days.

We talked to almost everyone we met and kept our ears open everywhere we stopped for the "latest" sightings. At one point we stopped for lunch (a rarety) near the lake lodge and a tourist who just passed a bear jam came in and asked for us by name and said that another friend we were hanging with asked him to find us and we need to get there asap. I stuffed my barely eaten salad in the box and we were out of there in like 2 minutes.

For the most part, most of the photogs sort of pass info to each other throughout the day. It was definitely a lot of work and exausting to be visually scanning the beautiful countryside everytime we drove someplace. At least once a day we would pick a trail (or make one) and hike somewhere for a different point of view. One day we had an urge to "see" what was on top of a rather steep hill and spent a couple hours goofing off up there then the next day we heard reports of grizzlies right where we were....yikes. There were a lot of places closed for hiking because of the bear traffic and we didn't go there.

One of the funniest things that happened was we were standing near a trailhead and a guy on a bike came busting out of the woods sweating... and in a voice too loud for how close he was to us asked us if we were going to hike the trail he just came down. We said no and with HUGE WIDE eyes he said he just came face-to face with a grizzly and for us to beware. He said he stopped his bike to let the bear pass in front of him....
after he left, I could only imagine what went through his mind when that happened which started a chuckle that led to an all out deep tears running down my face kind of laugh that only happens when your exausted:smile: We saw the guy later and he was using the paved roads to do his biking.

Tooting Chips Horn .....

Chip said:
Bill D,
Thanks. I have cut more mats this month the razor blade company wants me as a spokesperson:wink:

And I hope this Embarasses him :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

For anyone who may be in the area during the Month of July, and any other time for that matter, our very own Chip Gaber is going to be the Featured Artist at the Deception Pass Visitors Center Gift Shop on Whidbey Island just South of Deception Pass. Chip has been displaying images there for a fair bit of time, and a little birdy, not Chip by the way, was telling me just a couple of weeks ago that Chips images sell rather well, which is one reason they are so prominently displayed. I suspect that a few of those mats he is cutting will be to support this, and it is also my guess that some of the Yellowstone images will show up there as well.

I am certainly going to make it a point to stop up that way, and will probably cross-post this or at least a pointer, in a couple of the other forums here as well.

No, Chip is not paying me a dime for this advertising, it is completely and selflessly given, to a guy who deserves it.

Good on Ya', Chip.

( Embarassed yet? I hope so! :biggrin: )

Latest threads

Top Bottom