My First Try at Processing Color...Porta 800

I really like Portra 800. Not as much grain as I was expecting. Its a very nice film in my opinion. It scans pretty easily too. These were shot with my Nikon F4 with 35-70 f2.8. I almost have to get use to autofocus again. One thing I have learned is developing color is not too different than black and white. Precise temperature control is a must which is easy cause I have a Jobo tempering unit that takes the work out of it. .

5540757175_2abb7076b3_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
[/url]
portra1

5540750579_a0419f67c9_b.jpg
[/url]
IMG_0003 by TwinCityNikkor, on Flickr[/IMG]

5540754249_8368c08b04_b.png

IMG_0016 by TwinCityNikkor, on Flickr

5541332658_970b0532a0_b.jpg
[/url]
IMG_0014 by TwinCityNikkor, on Flickr[/IMG]

Nice, these look good. Portra 800 is one of my favorites also. I have the Nikon F4 and 35-70/2.8, they are a nice combo. My favorite pair for capturing family parties.

I need to start thinking about developing C41 for large format and E6 for all formats myself. The local lab that was doing it closed recently and I have not found another. Though I found a good place for 35mm and 120 C41 processing the next town over. Their results are a lot more consistent than the local CVS or Walgreen, however I do use them every once in a while for 1 hour service.

These look excellent to me, and cute models! Just picked up a roll of 35mm
color from Walgreens and it was $5.39, just processing only, and a 24exp roll
at that, more if it was 36exp. I may have to get a couple more tanks and
start doing this myself. Nice work!

Its very economical to process c-41, ends up about a 1.50 a roll for me. Its very easy to do especially if you already do your own black and white. Just temperature control has to be precise. Locally, I have been developing black and white for a handfull of people instead of going to a lab. I have about ten different developers on hand, I don't charge them, but they usually supply the developer they like if I dont have it and I get to keep it and use it too so it works out.

Its very economical to process c-41, ends up about a 1.50 a roll for me. Its very easy to do especially if you already do your own black and white. Just temperature control has to be precise. Locally, I have been developing black and white for a handfull of people instead of going to a lab. I have about ten different developers on hand, I don't charge them, but they usually supply the developer they like if I dont have it and I get to keep it and use it too so it works out.

Did you use the same kit that young Chris used in his post? Curious. Thanks
for sharing this, Twincitynikkor! I wanted to abbreviate to TCN, but that's
medicalese for tetracycline. :biggrin:

I think it's very nice of you to do processing for others.

Great job and pictures, I guess it´s fun to develope ypur own colorfilms too.

I´ve been looking at a Jobo CPE2 machine lately for developing colorfilms, anyone got some experience with those?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom