1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My first venture into street photography..

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by FotoPhocus, Jul 19, 2008.

1. FotoPhocus

FotoPhocus

Jun 15, 2008
    I'm going to be getting a longer lens for street photography, because my 18-55 kit lens resulted in some heavy crops. However, I think they make for some decent first entries into my candids portfolio. They'll get edged out eventually as I get better, but I like them.

It was a gloomy day, so I ended up lightening the shots up in PP.

A couple of shots of a barbershop quartet style group (there were actually around 10 men)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Paws" the mascot for the Detroit Tigers, along with his own photographer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. liftoff

liftoff

Dec 21, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Nice job, looking forward to more! Greg's right, it IS addictively addicting.

3. Hmmm ....... I'm just get the old red X. Have you removed the photos?

Regards,

4. artona

artona

Jul 9, 2008
    UK
  5. FotoPhocus

FotoPhocus

Jun 15, 2008
    Yep, SmugMug was down... pics work again now though!

6. Photos are back up now ...... nice series. Love the guy with the white beard .....

Regards,

7. Hi Ryan,

Nice series ,you could say go closer to the people instead using a longer lens.

regards arthur

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.