My first VLN race at the Nürburgring (11-06-2005)

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Johan, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Johan

Johan

Jun 18, 2005
    Belgium
    I want to kick of by saying "hi" to all of you. And I'm really glad that I have found this website :)

I took up with photography some six months ago. My first digital camera was an Olympus C-990 Zoom 2.1mp 8) For as far as I know I have always been interested in a camera and snapping pics. I took my first shots at the age of 10 and it became more serious at the age of 15 due to a hobby of mine namely carp fishing. Till so far this part of history.

I'm really fond of snapping race cars; the atmosphere, the energy, the sound of screaming rubber and last but not least the smell of petrol. That makes the Nürburgring a perfect place to do that. I don't shoot for mags or any other organisations.

Here is the link: http://users.pandora.be/jokke1/Photography/B.Cars/VLN 11-05-2005/

I hope you guys enjoy the pictures, feel free to give your opinion, I'm always interested in that.

I post another picture as well as I have seen that there is another Belgian guy among us. Seems to me that he was at the Renault World Series at Zolder as well. Here is a picture of the F1 car http://users.pandora.be/jokke1/Photography/B.Cars/Renault F1.jpg

Have fun watching them, keep it up :D :!:

Kind Regards

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Johan...Welcome to the Cafe. It is nice to have you among us and I am glad that you decided to join. I took a look at your images and they are very good captures. I have been interested in motorsports for 35 years but I have never had the opportunity to shoot a racing event. There are two motor speedways a short distance from where I live and I may need to go there and give it a try. Hopefully, mine will turn out as good as yours. Thanks for sharing.

3. Johan

Johan

Jun 18, 2005
    Belgium
    eng45ine,

Big thanks for your reply, During that race I could use a 80-200mm f/ 2.8 of a collegue at work. Most of those pictures are taken at 135mm and the shutterspeed was set at 125 or 200/sec. I never want to lose the aspect of speed if I cover sports. You will see more of these photos the upcoming months, at the beginning of next months I'm going to this kind of race again. Besides motorsports I also like to shoot landscapes and nature in general. My future plans are, when it comes to photography, purchasing a 70-200mm f/ 2.8 objective and a few teleconvertors.
    Besides that I want to get another job as well. I have seen your photos of that fire truck, I'm really interested in that, because that's what I'm trying to become; a fire fighter.

Take care

Kind Regards

Johan

4. Samir

Samir

Apr 8, 2005
  5. Johan

Johan

Jun 18, 2005
    Belgium
    Thanks Samir for your positive reply. I like that shot too, just like that Carlsson SLK, the front wheel of the Uwe Alzen Porsche loses contact with the tarmac as well. Although that is not very clear. I'm going to try to shoot more of these action pics in a few weeks. I will post the result anyway, you'll see. If you look at the photo of the green Jaguar V8-star and you look closer to the left side of the front spoiler you will see some small sparks.

Till next time 8)

Regards

6. Samir

Samir

Apr 8, 2005
    I saw that with the Porsche as well, but it wasn't as pronounced. I saw the glint of the sparks on the Jaguar. I didn't think those aero packages were metal. People don't realize how difficult it is to get shots like this. Keep it up!