My first wedding as 2nd tog

Done a couple of backup and friendly candid style weddings now, actually got asked to work alongside my friend and wedding photographer as she liked my style. I thought I would share a couple, as I shot them with my new D7100.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
85mmF1.8G

85mmF1.8G

85mmF1.8G

Tamron 17-50mmF2.8

85mmF1.8G

85mmF1.8G

85mmF1.8G

Uploaded via FB so poorish compression

No.7 was actually a request, which was a bit of fun, the client got both with and without the silly graphic :tongue:

Great photos and I love the editing! I've been trying to get this effect myself but haven't quite mastered it yet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thankyou. Regarding the processing I used Lightroom 4, I started with a base preset called 'S Curve Color' to get the 'Tone curve', then changed the 'Basic setting' per pic. I found white balance needed to be spot on, for the preset to work as it has the red cranked up in the 'Color Hue' setting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Couple more in the church, horrible lighting conditions, had to shoot at F3.5, ISO4000 to get 1/100th, if I ever did a wedding on my own and it was a church with no flash allowed, full-frame would be the only way!! The D7100 wasn't horrible though.

FB compression has made these a whole lot worse by the way and all shot with the 85mmF1.8G

Couple more in the church, horrible lighting conditions, had to shoot at F3.5, ISO4000 to get 1/100th, if I ever did a wedding on my own and it was a church with no flash allowed, full-frame would be the only way!! The D7100 wasn't horrible though.

FB compression has made these a whole lot worse by the way and all shot with the 85mmF1.8G
Thanks for the advice, going to give it a go. This is also why I've bought the d600. I love my d7000 but in low light the full frame cameras always have the edge :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom