My First Wedding Book, please give advices :)

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by oz388, Aug 19, 2008.

1. oz388

oz388

Aug 8, 2008
    calgary
    Hi guys, I was randomly taking pictures in my friend's wedding on the side (since they already hired the professional photographers). Later when I got home I decide to make them a nice wedding book with my own photography work. So here it is, as this is my first time I have no experiences at all. Please give me you professional advices, tell me your opinions and where needs to improve on my future wedding photography work :)

http://www.mypublisher.com/bookshelf/bookviewer.py?d=tq>y-cppl`je>3419126

The camera I used: D80
    Lens: Nikon 50mm f1.4, Sigma 12-24mm.

Thanks!!!

2. Well I am not a professional, but I think you covered alot of the wedding for not being the hired person. I really enjoyed looking at the book and you have some very nice captures. I wish you much continued success.

3. BrendaC

BrendaC

Sep 24, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Very nice. I have been wanting to try and put something like that together. I think my first try will be my son. He's a senior this year.

4. Thanks for sharing your first wedding book with us. It is quite nice I am sure will be appreciated by the wedding pair.

5. oz388

oz388

Aug 8, 2008
    calgary
    Thank you guys for all your commons :) I'm still waiting the book shipping to my door. Once I receive it I will let you know the quality of printing. Thanks again!

6. those were great shots. thanks for sharing :smile:

7. jshurak

jshurak

Aug 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Those are really good! I think you're going to make a great wedding photographer!

8. Very nice for a first time wedding, I'm so surprised this place prints for so cheap.

btw does that little kid have the gun from robocop?

9. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Good job...I too use MyPublisher. I think they do a good job. I'm not crazy about the flimsy type of paper they use...but I can still sell a reasonable good book and make some money off it. Be sure and put a sticker in the back with your name on it to cover up the MYPUBLISHER.com...that's what I do.

What I do is add some brush strokes (in CS3) to the bigger images and then just down load that image into the slot...make it your own work as well.

Great job - they will love the images.

10. oz388

oz388

Aug 8, 2008
    calgary
    Thanks Seneca! I'm very interested in your "brush strokes" idea, can you tell me where I can find more information on how to create and use them?? Thanks!!! :Love: (also thanks for the sticker tip)

11. oz388

oz388

Aug 8, 2008
    calgary
    LOLs, he is the "robocop" :p

The price looks cheap, but if you live outside US, shipping and customer tax will kill the deal.

12. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Obviously I wouldn't use this type of brush stroke on this male senior...however if he were a female I might (I used this example because of the black background) But in your case you photographed a wedding so this would be acceptable. What I do is take several images and do an 8x10 horizonal in CS3...lay out the images the way I did on a black background then have some blank spaces where you want to lay out your brush strokes. It's that easy and it adds a bit of classic to a generic type book. Good Luck.

ALEX_EXAMPLE.jpg

13. oz388

oz388

Aug 8, 2008
    calgary
    Thanks Seneca! It's beautiful!!! I will look into it :) thanks again for the tip!

14. Matthias

Matthias

Apr 13, 2007
    Central Texas
    Thanks for sharing your wedding album with us - I think they will really treasure this special gift from you.
    As far as advice, I would finish a little stronger - put the bride and groom on the last page - but that is the only nit to pick :smile:

15. Wow, you would make a good wedding photographer if you kept it up. You got eye and timing it looks like.

16. wow, great shots man, good design and set up, and of course awesome pictures, great work man!