1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My First Wedding!

Discussion in 'People' started by mmonreal4, Jun 10, 2007.

1. mmonreal4

mmonreal4

Jul 3, 2006
    Houston
    Hey guys and girls. Wanted to see what ya'll thought of my shots. Now remember, this is my first wedding, SO BE NICE!!!!! :biggrin:

Here it goes....................................
    windowproof.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

wineglassesProof.jpg

waitingproof.jpg

togetherproof.jpg

toastproof.jpg

thinkingproof.jpg

memoriesproof.jpg

loveproof.jpg

leavingproof.jpg

husbandwifeproof.jpg

HoldingroseProof.jpg

onlyus.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2007
  2. Looks like you captured some memorable moments here, but I find your watermark (copyright?) very distracting. For critique purposes, you may want to just post lo-res images that will not do anyone any good as far as prints are concerned, and leave the watermark off (or tone it down).

3. jebster

jebster

Mar 8, 2006
    Pennsylvania
    Jeff
    Great shots!
    I think the Bride and Groom will love them!

Jeff

4. Your tag line shows: D50
    Nikkor 18-55mm ED lens
    Nikkor 55-200mm ED lens

But the EXIF data on these shows they were shot with a Canon 20D. Whassup?

5. mmonreal4

mmonreal4

Jul 3, 2006
    Houston
    thanks for the compliments guys. I will get that watermark fixed, do you recommend a size that is viewable yet no good to copy it. Thanks again for the help.

About the EXIF, I was helping another photographer, and I was using his equipment. My D50 stayed in the car. And just a note, I did not like the quality the 20D was putting out. Very grainy. Not happy with the 20D. I think I'll stick to Nikon. And maybe the Canon 5D..

Thanks again guys

6. Getson

Getson

Oct 10, 2006
    Halifax, NS
    I'm very surprised you found the 20D to be more grainy than the Nikon. I own a D70 and find the 20D out performs my Nikon noise-wise. Some pretty good images here. I like your use of selective colouring in the dance picture.

Your best bet for web-quality pictures would to keep them the same dimensions, but just save at a lower quality jpg in photoshop. Not so much that it degrades the quality of the image on the screen though. Just experiment and you'll be able to tell what looks good. 7-10 quality should give you decent to good web-sized images.

7. Yes. Just post lo-res files that are fine for the web but not suitable for printing. And/Or put your watermark in a corner of the image, etc.

I noticed you were shooting in shutter priority. I'd probably want more control over DOF and would use aperture priority. But that's just me...

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    The real questions is.
    did the couple like the pics.
    Are these they type of pics they wanted

Matters not what we think.
    It is already done.....

9. marksayer

marksayer Guest

I am not a fan of mono images with bits of colour in them, but this is a BRILLIANT shot, very clever and I would be proud of that in my portfolio

Mark

10. Apollux

Apollux Guest

The ones I like:

wineglassesProof.jpg

thinkingproof.jpg

loveproof.jpg

onlyus.jpg

And the girl takes the crown.

11. mikebass1

mikebass1

Jun 3, 2007
    California
    Great job! I especially liked your picture of the bride and groom with color.

12. mmonreal4

mmonreal4

Jul 3, 2006
    Houston
    Thank you everyone, for the advice you have posted. I will try Aperture mode next time. Glad ya'll liked the picsadn sorry I didn't resond to each of ya'll individually. I don't know how to quote all your post at once. Thanks agin though. I emailed my work to a client and she said she loved the pictures and would love for me to photograph her wedding. But I don't know what to charge of what prints to include in a price. I was thinking about $800 but I don't know how many prints to include or sizes. Maybe someone can please please help. Thanks guys and girls, I knew I could count on ya'll...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.