My fourth portrait session

Discussion in 'People' started by virtuamike, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Spent an entire day shooting, fun stuff. White balance all over the place, processed on laptop. Tried to get close but it's tough to tell on here.

denise02_full.

denise05_full.

denise06_full.

denise10_full.

denise12_full.

Rest here:
    http://www.blindmike.com/images/20050812/

2. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Mike, I like these a lot very natural

3. Those are GREAT shots. I think I'm in love with your model. She's exactly my type.

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. Thx guys! Def fun to work with, day went fast.

6. Hi Mike,

In my opinion this is your best series so far. Very natural and relaxed shots, and the model is extremely cute and looks like she was having fun. Presumably you were, too!!

Good work.

Best wishes,

David

7. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Mike,
    You just get better and better. #3 and #4 are the best of this series imo. in both shots, you caught her at "THE" moment that makes a photo special. she's got a look that makes it hard to take a bad picture...well done here!

8. I like all of your images except #2. This closeup I assume was with a short focal length lens which elongates the nose and gives it more prominance than it deserves. This would work better with a longer lens and from a distance. Well done with the rest of the image. Very relaxed poses and your model is darling.

9. Nice shots Mike!! :D :D :D

10. Wow good eyes. I left my other lenses in the car at this location so I shot this one with the 17-55 at 55mm. I usually tend to avoid using my 50mm for headshots because of that exact reason (rounding of the face).

Thx for the comments everyone. And yes I had a lot of fun, spending a day out in the sun shooting can do that :D

11. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Nice shots Mike. I really like the composition and details of #3, it's nearly perfect. Have you thought of having her look up through her hair in a shot like this? I ask, because as shown in #2, her eyes are terrific!

Thanks for sharing these!

12. stm69

stm69

Aug 10, 2005
    Nice photos! Do you mind posting your EXIF's for #2 and #3 perchance? I have yet to duplicate that "glowing hair" look with my kid yet =/

Sam

13. Thx Chris! I have a couple of her looking through her hair but it was tough getting the eyes to show. She really has great eyes - brown and green.

Thx Sam! Both shots ISO200. #2 1/125 f/5.6, #3 1/60 f/5.6. Key to getting the hair to glow is to have the backlight stronger than the light on the face. I'm probably around 4-5 stops brighter on the backlight so it's blowing out the hair. If you want glow without the crazy highlights, keep it around 2.

14. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Hi Mike, nice work

Love all the shots, 3 & 4 really rock! 1's very nice too. Wished you would've gotten her to shake that big strand of hair off her face a bit more on 4, but I love the pose, and the hint of tummy in the shot really adds to the comp. Good thing she had the good sense to wear a seemless wonder bra, otherwise, that shots wouldn't have worked. And, of course, the flower shot is really nice too. I know this is gonna sound perve,(it's not meant to be), but she's got such a great figure, shame you didn't get a chance to showcase it even more. Maybe next time?

15. I like the first shot the best, always helps to have an attractive model!

As for WB, sometimes it's helpful to have the model hold a white and/or gray card so you can more easily adjust the WB for the particular lighting.

16. Natural look, natural light, you've got a great series here. As said though, #2 would have been better with another lens.