1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My Friday Night lights...

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by GeoffBolte, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Well I've had a busy few days so had to wait a little while to post, but here goes.

Didn't get to shoot football on friday, but shot soccer and volleyball instead. Was a new facility for me (volleyball) and boy was I a little happy about it. Granted the metering was ISO 3200 1/250th 2.8 in most areas, so I shot mostly ISO 6400, 1/500th f2.8. But it was the first time there was a balcony area so I was able to get up higher than I normally do. I was pleased with the outcome, and feel that if I have to be back at this school I might look into getting some AB's/Dynalites etc to strobe for the first time for BBall or Volleyball, as there are some pretty good mounting points.

Anyways enough of my rambling here are some shots.

A little afternoon soccer..

GCB_4275.

2. No chance for the wall...
    GCB_4356.

GCB_4426.

4. Not so busy day...
    GCB_4458.

Some volleyball

GCB_4699.

GCB_4727.

GCB_4811.

8. One from ground level...
    GCB_4895.

2. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Some nice shots
    1 and 3 work for soccer- not sure why you posted#2 except to show a blown shot??
    you must have had some better soccer conflict shots, #2 just does nothing for me

#8 is the sharpest of the VB shots and works well, nice angle, I also like perspectives in 5 and 7
    but these seem soft, not sure if it's due to motion blur , noise or both

3. Thanks Mark, just trying out different shots on the board. As for the VB id say a little motion blur and noise, and cropping. Figure #8 was cropped the least.

4. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Were you shooting VB from an elevated perspective(stands or catwalk) with a longer lens?? I like the perspectives on these

5. Yeah I was on a balcony area. It was an interesting set up they had. I wanted to try an elevated position for a long time but could only get as high as the stands would. This was a better experience.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.