My Friday Night lights...

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by GeoffBolte, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Well I've had a busy few days so had to wait a little while to post, but here goes.

Didn't get to shoot football on friday, but shot soccer and volleyball instead. Was a new facility for me (volleyball) and boy was I a little happy about it. Granted the metering was ISO 3200 1/250th 2.8 in most areas, so I shot mostly ISO 6400, 1/500th f2.8. But it was the first time there was a balcony area so I was able to get up higher than I normally do. I was pleased with the outcome, and feel that if I have to be back at this school I might look into getting some AB's/Dynalites etc to strobe for the first time for BBall or Volleyball, as there are some pretty good mounting points.

Anyways enough of my rambling here are some shots.

A little afternoon soccer..

GCB_4275.jpg

2. No chance for the wall...
    GCB_4356.jpg

GCB_4426.jpg

4. Not so busy day...
    GCB_4458.jpg

Some volleyball

GCB_4699.jpg

GCB_4727.jpg

GCB_4811.jpg

8. One from ground level...
    GCB_4895.jpg

2. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Some nice shots
    1 and 3 work for soccer- not sure why you posted#2 except to show a blown shot??
    you must have had some better soccer conflict shots, #2 just does nothing for me

#8 is the sharpest of the VB shots and works well, nice angle, I also like perspectives in 5 and 7
    but these seem soft, not sure if it's due to motion blur , noise or both

3. Thanks Mark, just trying out different shots on the board. As for the VB id say a little motion blur and noise, and cropping. Figure #8 was cropped the least.

4. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Were you shooting VB from an elevated perspective(stands or catwalk) with a longer lens?? I like the perspectives on these

5. Yeah I was on a balcony area. It was an interesting set up they had. I wanted to try an elevated position for a long time but could only get as high as the stands would. This was a better experience.