My Friend is being deported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend who was trying to get legalized in the US from Mexico. He has worked with me for 3 years and is now facing deportation. He was stopped in a car last week and given a citation for no valid lisense. He was given a fine and paid it. He also was given some community service. When I took him to it he was arrested on the spot and held for deportation.
When he was stopped he was on his way home from our Community College, taking prep courses for his GED, He has learned English, Studies American History, Plays Soccer for a local Team in a Tri- County Soccer leauge and recieved a trophy for most goals scored last season, goes to church on Sundays..
His Father and Sister died within one week in Dec. 07. He is very respectfull, never causes any trouble, and workes hard at his job. I am as close to a father as he has here. I have mentored him in the ways of the U.S.
I am thinking of calling the Mexican consulate to see if anything can be done for this guy, I have never faced this and where he is being held will not let me speak to him until tomorrow. Maybe an immagration lawyer. But time is running out. I must act now or he will be deported without any due process I fear. He caught this little fish with me and promptly released him. Went to the Great Ape Society with me to to deliver some trees and waved at every animal in there, a good heart.
I know this is a touchy subject, but if there are any ideas out there I would like to hear them.
Moderators if this subject is too over the top, remove it, I will understand. I just have no where to turn today.
272213760_kE52Y-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Tim

Your compassion is commendable. Your friend sounds like a very nice young man; however, he is in the country illegally. I do not think the Mexican Consulate can help you with this matter. I would start with a good lawyer and/or make your case with your congressional representative. This is a legal matter and beyond the scope of anything you might find here on the Cafe.

My sympathies are with you. Unfortunately it is usually the good ones who get caught and punished. Policies and politics aside--good luck to you 2.

Tim,
i'm glad you brought this to our attention
as Gordon say... he sounds like a wonderful person
as a physician, i surely have no knowledge of how to help this young man
but, he shall be in my prayers

Thanks you all for your input and thoughts, I am just very sad right now.I feel I am losing a son.
Tim

the sad thing is that there are so many US citizens who violate our laws and don't deserve to live in this country

there are millions of illegal aliens within our borders who will never be caught
sad that this nice guy was one who was caught

not trying to be political... it's just sad

the sad thing is that there are so many US citizens who violate our laws and don't deserve to live in this country

there are millions of illegal aliens within our borders who will never be caught
sad that this nice guy was one who was caught

not trying to be political... it's just sad

Yup, that is the real tragedy. It's people like him that we need!

I'm not sure what "trying to get legalized" means - there's a difference of being in the process and just thinking about it. But try Carl Shusterman - he's very good. Keep in mind, immigration is a federal issue; you don't need a lawyer who lives next door; you need a good one.

Immigration doesn't care about how good of a person you are, and the border states are cracking down; with the downturn of the economy probably even more. Hope all turns well for your friend, dealing with the INS(*) is not the most fun experience in the world!

(*) Note: yes, I know that it's the CIS these days. But, as a greencard holder, I can assure you that all the letters that I'm getting still have a INS letterhead - it's not the fastest government agency in the country...

I

(*) Note: yes, I know that it's the CIS these days. But, as a greencard holder, I can assure you that all the letters that I'm getting still have a INS letterhead - it's not the fastest government agency in the country...

A few decades ago I would jokingly tell my friends: "Once I have become a US Citizen, I wish to become Commissioner of the INS, as I have this overwhelming desire to clean out the stables" . Even in the 70s early 80s when I dealt with that agency, it was pure horror, even for legal immigrants like myself. After getting my "green card" , they managed to lose my files for about a year, keeping me in limbo. Early on, studying/reading up on immigration law at the NYC Public library saved me from inept INS officials trying to tell me nonsense when push came to shove. After all those years, I still have hard feelings about the process.

Halftime in Central Florida, halftime RV'ing.
Your compassion is commendable. Your friend sounds like a very nice young man; however, he is in the country illegally. I do not think the Mexican Consulate can help you with this matter. I would start with a good lawyer and/or make your case with your congressional representative. This is a legal matter and beyond the scope of anything you might find here on the Cafe.

I agree with Gordon. Your friend seems like he would be a worthy candidate for US citizenship, but we have a rule of law here. Sneaking in and trying to just stay "under the radar" isn't the right way to go about it. This is now a legal matter. I wish your friend well.

A few decades ago I would jokingly tell my friends: "Once I have become a US Citizen, I wish to become Commissioner of the INS, as I have this overwhelming desire to clean out the stables" . Even in the 70s early 80s when I dealt with that agency, it was pure horror, even for legal immigrants like myself. After getting my "green card" , they managed to lose my files for about a year, keeping me in limbo. Early on, studying/reading up on immigration law at the NYC Public library saved me from inept INS officials trying to tell me nonsense when push came to shove. After all those years, I still have hard feelings about the process.

I hear you. I became naturalized in 1981 and if it wasn't for the early and complete intervention by the late senator Frank Church (then chair of the foreign relations committee, I think) I may still be waiting to get a right answer from INS. As it was, he was able to get the process speeded up and done in about 2 months!

Get a good immigration lawyer, it's your only hope.

But in all reality; he's just going to have to (and probably will) do whatever it was that got him here the first time.

I know you guys are not in agriculture, but in the late 90's early 00's I was nailed to the cross by compliance officers for asking for green cards to show that the people were here legally. They told me in no way was I allowed to ask for this information, and was to accept what documents were handed to me, fake ID's, fake SS #'s, ect the list goes on.
I know this is a touchy subject and expect negative replies. I have thick skin. I am looking for help and ideas for my friend and myself, and as Gordon said, maybe in the wrong place. That being said, I count people here as my family, and family members do disagree sometimes.
Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a friend who was trying to get legalized in the US from Mexico.
You have a friend that entered the U.S. illegally, knowingly.

He has worked with me for 3 years and is now facing deportation.
After breaking the law and violating our border by entering this country illegally, your friend elected to further break the laws of this country by working here without a work permit.

He was stopped in a car last week and given a citation for no valid lisense.
And now, he's also breaking our traffic laws and possibly endangering lives by driving without having passed the required tests and obtaining a proper license.

Your friend is a habitual law breaker that has no respect for this country, its laws and its people. He was rightly jailed and will be hopefully soon deported. There are fine folks in Mexico who elected to get in line, fill out the proper paperwork and earn their way into this country legally. These are the people I want here, not your friend.

I have to agree with Elan, secondly I couldn't help but laugh at your signature Nick

"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun"

How appropriate for this tread :eek:

Tim,

I wish your friend the best of luck- however now he is in deportation proceedings I am not sure he can be saved this time. Also, after being deported from the US there is a minimum, I believe, of a 7-year wait before he can legally visit the US.

If you have the finances available, I would look into consulting an immigration attorney on this matter.

Good luck,
Jonny

Thank you all , I appreciate everyones opinions, I even agree with some of the negative ones. I AM BEING SELFISH, I know that what he has done is against the law, but my own goverment told me awile back to let everyone in on my job site without proper documentation. I grew attached to this young man, and will remain so. There are far worse people in the U.S. than he. I wish I had an answer to it that would satisfy everyone but I don't. I lay awake at night wishing I could feed all the children in the world also, but thats just me. There is too much hurt in the world and not enough me. I think to much.
Tim

Thank you all , I appreciate everyones opinions, I even agree with some of the negative ones. I AM BEING SELFISH, I know that what he has done is against the law, but my own goverment told me awile back to let everyone in on my job site without proper documentation. I grew attached to this young man, and will remain so. There are far worse people in the U.S. than he. I wish I had an answer to it that would satisfy everyone but I don't. I lay awake at night wishing I could feed all the children in the world also, but thats just me. There is too much hurt in the world and not enough me. I think to much.
Tim

tim,
you can never think too much about how to make this world a better place in which to live.... never believe that

Tim

Tim, I commend you for your generosity, for having a good heart and for your willingness to undertake the risk and showing the willingness to defend your actions for what you believe is right. Looks like you are helping out a really fine young man and although I cannot offer any suggestions or help I am certainly able to give you my very best wishes in achieving your goal for this fine young man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom