My friend Mike

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by taat2d, Aug 22, 2008.

1. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    I took this shot the other day of a photographer buddy of mine. I have the honor of shooting a wedding with him this coming October. We were taking some test shots in a park that he wants to take the bridal party to after the ceremony. This what shot with my Sigma 70-200 with available light. Let me know what you think and where I need to make changes or improvements.
    Thanx

miketest_filtered.

2. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Joe - I like it! All I could say is crop off a little of the top, but it's of course a matter of taste.

3. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Thanx Linda. I left the top because I kinda liked the branch and leaves above his head. I thought it added to the overall look of the shot.

4. Joe,
    i like this shot a lot
    i think you did a great job

5. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Thanks Greg MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

6. Seth

Seth

Jun 6, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    I also think you did a great job on this shot. Looks well exposed all over. Cropping would be good but I can agree with your point in not cropping as well. Good shot.

7. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Thanx for taking a look and giving me your comments Seth.

8. very good shot.

9. I like the crop- it give a sense of scale to the woods. Nice work.

10. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Thanx.
    Thank you. I'm really surprise no one commented the he shoots Canon . :eek: 

11. Joe, I truly think that is one of your best! Great use of dof and tack-sharp focus with spot-on exposure! I think I agree with you on the leaves--cutting them out puts his head awfully close to the top of the frame. He's very photogenic too!
    Bravo!

I was wondering about the white thing in his hand but . . . .

12. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    what time was this? I think you need to make a note, the lighting looked like a good time. btw - I like it

13. okcandids

okcandids

Jan 12, 2008
    Southern NH
    I think that's the best picture I've seen you post. Excellent color, DOF, and composition. I imagine that he was pleased with the result.

14. jaikdee

jaikdee

Feb 25, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    If you shoot the bride and groom in this location the background, exposure and colors will work great regardless of the color of skin, hair, clothing. A white dress, black tux and anything in between, blonde or brunette, won't fade into the background. The park should be a place to get great pictures. I did notice the Canon first when looking at the picture.
    Janet

15. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Joe, this moment is what makes all your past trials and frustrations worth it, GREAT SHOT.

What were your settings? I love the colors.

16. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    it's a beauty, but, I would definately crop mid way through through the branch.

Maybe get out the eyedropper and recolor that aweful grey thing too. lol

It's a great shot though, very natural and lovely light and DOF

Well done mate, see, sports shooters can do anything !!

17. I really like this Joe. Probably the best picture I have seen you post. Thanks for sharing.

18. I have to agree with others Joe. This is one of the best I have seen. An image of this quality is definitely going to go over well with the bride and groom. Congrats

19. Have to agree with those saying this is your best shot to date. It's sharp and well exposed, looks great.

I also agree with the crop, but that's me. You like it and that's what really matters.

Nice work!

20. Excellent work! The best you've posted!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.