My friends German Shepard

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by mike mac, Aug 22, 2008.

1. she brought him into work this past weekend
    Taken with the D3 and the 70-200VR with SB 800 flash
    [​IMG]

2. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    very nice portrait of a gorgeous dog!

3. Great picture - I love his ears

4. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    The expression you have captured in the dog's eyes is awesome. Very nice portrait Mike !!

5. Mike...
    that is an AWESOME shot

6. Nice shot. That is my breed also, in addition to the corgis. Did you make a nice print for the owner? I am sure they would love to have such a beautiful portrait.

7. Nice shot, love shepherds. Can I make a little suggestion? Color wise.:rolleyes:
    (still new here so learning the ropes)

8. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    Very nice portrait! The one thing I will suggest is that you pay close attention to background distractions. There is a metal bar in the back of the photos near the windows - that while blurred - are distracting. Very beautiful guy none the less!

James

9. Hopefully I won't offend here. Since this is a forum and open to comments, my only intention is to show that we don't have to be satisfied with what comes out of the camera. Sometimes the images need a little tweaking to show more what we saw. Given a little time I could get rid of the door bar and so on but I just tweaked the color and highlights to bring out a little more detail and hopefully make the image appear more natural from a color standpoint. I do this all day so when I see a great shot that just needs a little help, I can't help myself. I'm always looking to improve myself so hopefully this will be taken in the same light. :smile:
    DogFather

Shephard.jpg

10. What a beautiful GS! His face looks so expressive! Beautifully captured too!

11. Billh

Billh

Jan 26, 2008
    Northern, VA
    Nice shot! I'll bet your friend loves it.

Bill