1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My Gitzo GT3540LS today and wow

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by tanglefoot47, Apr 27, 2007.

1. tanglefoot47

tanglefoot47

Oct 18, 2006
    Tulalip Wa
    What a fantastic tripod this is!! I thought my 2530 was great but this one is exactly what I was wanting. Sturdy as all heck, solid built and it looks pretty with my AS Z1 sitting on it. If yuo are thinking about buying this tripod the only advice I can give you is BUY IT and if you are looking for a good deal on the 3540 call www.allenscamera.com he has the best price around.

Mike

2. Numael

Numael

May 16, 2006
    Destin, FL
    Got mine yesterday!!! It is really something else!!!! The only thing thats missing is a hook!!!

3. tanglefoot47

tanglefoot47

Oct 18, 2006
    Tulalip Wa
    Yup no hook but that's it otherwise a great tripod

4. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Just took mine out for a test drive

...and I love it. I bought a hook from Nikonians proshop and used it everytime. Mainly to keep my photobag out of the dust.

[​IMG]

5. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    Scott,

I'm in the market for a new tripod and also a head. Which head and assembly are you using? I'm not that familiar with flash brackets and rail assemblies etc. Your rig looks fab!!

6. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    The tripod is a Gitzo GT3530LSV
    The head a Really Right Stuff BH-55 LR
    The rail is a Really Right Stuff MPR-CL, 6-inch nodal slide (for panoramas)

It can all be found here for a price. Glad you liked it.

7. tanglefoot47

tanglefoot47

Oct 18, 2006
    Tulalip Wa
    Thanks for the link on the hook I will have to get one

8. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Robert,

You have some great images on you site.

9. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    You're welcome. By the way, they will send you a newer version which I find to be an improvement.

10. tanglefoot47

tanglefoot47

Oct 18, 2006
    Tulalip Wa
    I have looked for the fb-300 at different sites to see if I can find one cheaper but can't find them anywhere. So I will most likey buy from from that site. I did order it from them and again thanks for the link

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2007
  11. tanglefoot47

tanglefoot47

Oct 18, 2006
    Tulalip Wa
    Question for you Scott what case do you have for the tripod? I have a thinktank now but it's a tight fit more than I really like.

Thanks
    Mike

12. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Mike,

I use an inexpensive Promaster. I can't remember the size model, but it fits just perfect and has an outside pocket to hold extras. It carries my tripod with head and my Gitzo GM5540 monopod together. I keep the monopod in its dust cover to prevent scratches.

13. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada

Thank you Scott for dropping by my galleries. You have some terrific shots on yours too...your dance captures especially!! :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.