My Gitzo GT3540LS today and wow

What a fantastic tripod this is!! I thought my 2530 was great but this one is exactly what I was wanting. Sturdy as all heck, solid built and it looks pretty with my AS Z1 sitting on it. If yuo are thinking about buying this tripod the only advice I can give you is BUY IT and if you are looking for a good deal on the 3540 call www.allenscamera.com he has the best price around.

Mike

SRA

Just took mine out for a test drive

...and I love it. I bought a hook from Nikonians proshop and used it everytime. Mainly to keep my photobag out of the dust.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Scott,

I'm in the market for a new tripod and also a head. Which head and assembly are you using? I'm not that familiar with flash brackets and rail assemblies etc. Your rig looks fab!!

...and I love it. I bought a hook from Nikonians proshop and used it everytime. Mainly to keep my photobag out of the dust.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

SRA

Scott,

I'm in the market for a new tripod and also a head. Which head and assembly are you using? I'm not that familiar with flash brackets and rail assemblies etc. Your rig looks fab!!
The tripod is a Gitzo GT3530LSV
The head a Really Right Stuff BH-55 LR
The rail is a Really Right Stuff MPR-CL, 6-inch nodal slide (for panoramas)

It can all be found here for a price. Glad you liked it.

SRA

Scott,

Robert,

You have some great images on you site.

I have looked for the fb-300 at different sites to see if I can find one cheaper but can't find them anywhere. So I will most likey buy from from that site. I did order it from them and again thanks for the link

Last edited by a moderator:

SRA

Question for you Scott what case do you have for the tripod? I have a thinktank now but it's a tight fit more than I really like.

Thanks
Mike
Mike,

I use an inexpensive Promaster. I can't remember the size model, but it fits just perfect and has an outside pocket to hold extras. It carries my tripod with head and my Gitzo GM5540 monopod together. I keep the monopod in its dust cover to prevent scratches.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom