1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My grandmother and grandfather

Discussion in 'People' started by Taylor, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Taylor

Taylor

May 21, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    2889152755_521048bf2a_b.

She's so dedicated to caring for her family. Raising 5 children in communist-revolution era China while working as a schoolteacher is no easy task. She and my grandpa took care of me by themselves for two years while my parents first left for Canada. They've been living here now for almost 20 years! She used to go to church in Hamilton, when they still lived there, and was learning all sorts of things like Western baking, English, and arts & crafts. I think she must be a little bit bored now because she's not around other seniors all the time. They used to get together for tea and chat, play bingo, etc.

Here she is preparing dinner. I think I'll miss her dumplings and steamed buns when she passes away.

(Leica M7, Canon 50/1.5 LTM, TriX@400 in Diafine)

2. rocksgirl

rocksgirl Guest

What a beautiful lady. Cherish her while you can. This is an excellent portrait.

3. Excellent capture

Cherish her all you can while you can :biggrin:

4. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    God Bless This Wonderful Woman! Beautiful Smile! She Radiates Kindness!

5. BarkisPhoto

BarkisPhoto

Jul 20, 2007
    New England
    Hi, Taylor -- what a nice portrait of your Grandmother. I'm sure you (and your other family members) will enjoy it for years to come...

Best Regards,

6. Taylor

Taylor

May 21, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    Thanks for the kind comments.

7. aspiringphotos

aspiringphotos

Sep 26, 2008
    Kansas
    She is radiant. She looks like a very sweet woman.

8. What a wonderful portrait, Taylor. You can see her spirit in her smile. Don't forget to tell her now how much she means to you.

9. Taylor

Taylor

May 21, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    Thanks Kelly and Sandi, she's a wonderful person and I'm very lucky to have someone who loves me unconditionally.

Here is my grandfather. I'm sad that he gets sick so often, but I'm glad that my family is there to take care of him. The days of doctors making house calls are gone. Some of them still do, but for specific patients that are very frail and/or can't make it to the hospital. When my dad took him to the emergency room, they stayed for 12 hours and left without a definitive diagnosis.
    2901596095_e56f9ef066_b.

View attachment 257442

10. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

these are very powerful images, Taylor. thanks for sharing your family with us.

bless
    ;-)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.