My grandparents went to Liverpool and all I got was...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clivegriff, Aug 16, 2005.

1. ...this lousy tee shirt!

original.

original.

And not only that, but grandad left his D70 on the dining room table and had to rely on grandma's carry-around P+S Canon A80.

Grandad was even more upset to discover that he preferred Canon's colours to Nikon's - straight from the camera, that is. Post processing redresses all C v N issues.

:eek:

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Beautiful shot Clive. Cool t-shirt too. I was just listening to Revolver on the way to work this morning. 8)

3. I, too, like the tee-shirt.

Tomorrow never knows...

Best wishes,

David

4. Clive, that's some ship in the first one. What's the story behind it? Nice shot, btw.

5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

6. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    I think that's what is known as the 'Cat'; she's a catamaran that plies between Liverpool and Belfast or Larne, Northern Ireland. Cuts the original journey time in half.

7. Hi Clive. You have posted a couple of good shots here. That looks like a private yacht and if so someone has some $$$$. Good looking young man you have there.

8. Thanks, Frank.

I had Sergeant Pepper on. I think I've still got Revolver on 12" vinyl but I don't have a turntable any more!

9. Thanks, David.

My grandson was none-too-keen and had to be "bribed" into wearing it.

He's young; he'll learn.

10. Hi Kevin.

I don't know much about the ship, I'm afraid.

But...do you see that orange, circular symbol near the middle? That's the symbol of the Isle of Man, so I'm guessing that it's the Liverpool - Isle of Man ferry.

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    LOL. I have a turntable, but it hasn't been hooked up for about 15 years. :roll:

I need to get the Sergeant Pepper and the Magical Mystery Tour CDs. 8)

12. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

13. Hi, Rob.

Please see my reply to Kevin.

The Liverpool - Ireland ferries were "parked" on the other side of the River Mersey.

14. Thanks, Gordon.

He's a beaut, isn't he? The apple of his grandad's eye.

15. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Copied, it's the Holyhead - Dun Laoghaire that I'm thinking of. :roll:

Doh, another day, another migraine. :cry:

16. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Clive,

I used to be plagued by this problem too until I got the FM Intellisharpen II plug-in. It is wonderful. Not only does it do a great job of sharpening what needs top be sharpened, but it also has an option for reducing noise. The best thing about it though is that it does the sharpening on a separate layer, and allows you to blend in just the right amount on each shot. I've really been pleased with my results using this tool.

17. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

18. I used Fred Miranda's Intellisharpen Pro also and found it to be quite good. I was referred to Pixel Genius' Photo Kit sharpener and while it is a little pricey it gives you tons of options and gradations of sharpening that you can use. I found it to be the best sharpener I have ever used.