1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

my granny's first day at nursing home

Discussion in 'People' started by Flyfishdk, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Hi all

tuesday I helped my grandmother to move to a nursing home. I live 2 hr driving from her but I visit her twice a week. She has not been really happy about it but it was her own decision after long thoughts. I helped her and vent back today to visit her. I shoot these pics...

EDIT: I shoot these in the easter where my granny told me that she wanted to move to a nursing home
    https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=158577

cam: D300 Lens: nikkor 50mm. f/1.2 AiS

_DSC3013-Edit.
    NIKON D300    ---       f/1.0    1/320s    ISO 100

_DSC3019-Edit.

_DSC3029-Edit.
    NIKON D300    ---       f/1.0    1/50s    ISO 100

_DSC3037-Edit.
    NIKON D300    ---       f/1.0    1/160s    ISO 400

_DSC3040-Edit.
    NIKON D300    ---       f/1.0    1/250s    ISO 200

_DSC3023-Edit.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Phil

Phil

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    These are nice shots, I'm sure she happy that you visit her twice a week.

3. nico:

1. these are very nice shots
    2. you are a wonderful person to help your grandmother and visit her twice a week from 2 hours away... how amazing
    3. my mom is struggling with a similar decision for her mom (my grandmother). my nana is adamant NOT to be put in such a place, but, at 90, she desperately needs it.

a very "timely" thread for me

so very well done
    nice of you to share this with us

4. gnet158

gnet158 Guest

Great that you’re visiting but sad to think we’ll all more than likely end up in one. Sort of like when we went to pre-school, remember we couldn’t wait for our parents to pick us up and take us home. Except we won’t go home, well say after the visit. Great shots!

5. Nico

Wonderful shots.

6. These are great captures. I'm glad you are able to make the trip so often to see her. I know it means a lot to her, too.

7. this is wonderful of you...

8. Wonderful series, especially number six. My siblings and I had to make this difficult decision for our parents (both are deceased now). They were relatively happy and well cared for... most importantly, they were never alone, even at the end.

9. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Nico - this is a beautiful series and you can clearly see the emotion. It is great to be able to spend so much time with a grandparent.

10. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Kudo's to you Nico.

I , too, have a grandmother of 94 and parents of 77 . . .Will have to go through this
    myself soon. . .

These images are very well done.

11. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    The b&w really drives home the emotion factor in this series. You have captured well. Nicely shot!

12. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Hi all

Thanks for the very nice comments. It's very emotionel for me. I hate that she have to live in a place like that. But it's a great place. the staff are great and are so carefull.

13. gvg45

gvg45

Jun 16, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    Pictures last a life time. Take lots of them.

Great shots. #3 is my fav.

14. Really good photos, tells the story of her situation.
    You are a good man, driving to see her as you do.

15. MeSince83

MeSince83

Apr 3, 2008
    Brooklyn
    Nice story telling!

16. These turned out very well! I particularly like the one of her walking away down the hallway. I grew up visiting my great-grandmother in a nursing home, till she passed away when I was in 8th grade... if the nursing home is a very nice one, the care they receive can be wonderful.

17. Very lovely captures of her. I especially like the personality in #6. Thank you for sharing.

18. Very touching.

19. wendy

wendy

Jul 5, 2008
    PA
  20. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.