my granny's first day at nursing home

Hi all

tuesday I helped my grandmother to move to a nursing home. I live 2 hr driving from her but I visit her twice a week. She has not been really happy about it but it was her own decision after long thoughts. I helped her and vent back today to visit her. I shoot these pics...

EDIT: I shoot these in the easter where my granny told me that she wanted to move to a nursing home
https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=158577

cam: D300 Lens: nikkor 50mm. f/1.2 AiS

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
nico:

1. these are very nice shots
2. you are a wonderful person to help your grandmother and visit her twice a week from 2 hours away... how amazing
3. my mom is struggling with a similar decision for her mom (my grandmother). my nana is adamant NOT to be put in such a place, but, at 90, she desperately needs it.

a very "timely" thread for me

so very well done
nice of you to share this with us

G

gnet158

Great that you’re visiting but sad to think we’ll all more than likely end up in one. Sort of like when we went to pre-school, remember we couldn’t wait for our parents to pick us up and take us home. Except we won’t go home, well say after the visit. Great shots!

Wonderful series, especially number six. My siblings and I had to make this difficult decision for our parents (both are deceased now). They were relatively happy and well cared for... most importantly, they were never alone, even at the end.

Nico - this is a beautiful series and you can clearly see the emotion. It is great to be able to spend so much time with a grandparent.

Kudo's to you Nico.

I , too, have a grandmother of 94 and parents of 77 . . .Will have to go through this
myself soon. . .

These images are very well done.

The b&w really drives home the emotion factor in this series. You have captured well. Nicely shot!

Hi all

Thanks for the very nice comments. It's very emotionel for me. I hate that she have to live in a place like that. But it's a great place. the staff are great and are so carefull.

These turned out very well! I particularly like the one of her walking away down the hallway. I grew up visiting my great-grandmother in a nursing home, till she passed away when I was in 8th grade... if the nursing home is a very nice one, the care they receive can be wonderful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom