My hat's off to you all!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rich Gibson, Mar 10, 2005.

1. I used to graze DPR, FM, Nikonians, and Rob Galbraith's forums looking for interesting stuff. Now I find myself hanging around the cafe more and more. The people here are more interesting and the questions straight forward and honestly answered.

I especially like the humor. Who knew old farts could be so funny? I thought old geezers were supposed to be cantankerous. Who knew?

Thanks for making this an enjoyable place to visit!

Regards, Rich

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Who you callin' old fart? :)

I always knew I'd love it when I got to be one, and y'all are just proving me right!

3. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Rich :

Hmphhh... Old farts, indeed.

I am, sir, a curmudgeon. And damn' proud of it !

John P.

4. Hey Rich,

So if I'm 27, this is not a place for me :lol:

5. 31 here, and having a great time!!! :D :D :D :D :D

6. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    My 23-years daughter enjoys you all :)

7. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Heyyyyyy, I resemble that remark!

Neil
    (My body may be aged, but people keep telling me to grow up so I guess I'm still young)

PS: I only visit DPR to point and laugh now days.

8. When I was as old as Jay Luto and Brian Daniel I thought everyone over 60 was dead. Now I realize that there is life after retirement and even look at Rich as a young man. :eek: :eek:

9. bpetterson

bpetterson Guest

Hells bell.
    Heck I will be 80 this August.
    I may be a bit slower but I'm steady.
    I retired in 1980 and haven't had a dull moment since.

Birger

10. Wow you old guys are cool. I can't even get my dad to understand using the internet! The fact that you guys are on the net, using digital cameras is awesome! Very inspirational indeed!

11. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Being 35 I'm not the youngest, nor the oldest,
    I'm happy being in the middle.

That's one of the great things about this
    photography that we all love, it spans
    age/race/location/etc...

12. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    I guess I fit somewhere in the middle here :) I'm going to be 45 this year. I work with a few "older" gentlemen who refuse to embrace newer technologies. My hat is off to all of you who continue to stay current with whats new.

13. Hey I am 45 and I resemble that remark!

14. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I love this place too! Friendly diversity. Since the cafe was started I have made so many new friends that would not have been possible otherwise.

Thanks to everyone!

15. Old Geezers

Well I guess that I fit right in. I'll be 68 in July, and I have been teaching a buddy of mine, who is in his late 70s, how to use a computer and a digital camera. He is doing real well. It just proves that you are never too old to learn. :D :D

16. Same here! :wink: I may be a fart... but I am not old, so there! :roll: :lol:

17. You know you're old when you lust for lenses instead of flesh.

18. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then I am old!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't say the same for Neil................didn't he say something about a wrinkly wobbly persuasion.......or something like that?!?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

19. I just guess that I resemble the remarks. I'll be 66 next week. Since I retired two and a half years ago, I've been so busy that I am having trouble figuring how I ever had time to work before I retired. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Ain't we havin' fun?

Chet

20. I figured Old Farts were smelly, but humorous is an added bonus. 8)