My Hearing Aid

Oh, did I forget to mention this is my Hearing Aid after the puppy used it for a chew toy !!!
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ouch, that is an expensive replacement.

I put my hearing aids straight into the dryer when I'm finished with them for the day. Luckily we don't have any animals now, that is not something I'd not be happy about. :(

One time many years ago for some unknown reason I took my BTE hearing aid off (this was before I got Bone-Anchored Hearing Aids/BAHAs) and set it on the table while I was reading the newspaper (remember when they came in print form to the doorstep?) Eventually moved on to doing other things and totally forgot about where I'd put my hearing aid. After a while, probably several hours or more likely the next day, I cleared the newspapers off the table and tossed them into the trash (this was before recycling, too) and hustled the trash bag out to the curb as it was pick-up day.....

It wasn't long after that when I started looking for my hearing aid, couldn't find it anywhere, what the heck had happened to it?! The only conclusion which I eventually arrived at was that I had inadvertently swept it away with those newspapers I was discarding..... Oops!!! Too late to retrieve it. I had to resort to using an old backup one while I waited to get a new one from the audiologist. After that, I have always been particularly mindful of where I put my (significantly more expensive) BAHAs when I take one or both of them off and preferably they go right into their protective Dri-Aid jar......

Thanks everyone for your comments. The pooch is fine. Did not eat the battery. Me, not so fine. It was my fault. I laid down to take a nap. Put my hearing aid into my shirt pocket insetead of its case. Did not check my pocket when I got up. Saw the pup chewing on something and guess what. Yup, a new chew toy for the boy. Any way below is a photo of the puppy. Does this look like a face that would do something like that?

Can you stick out your tongue and touch your nose

I had a Black Labrador that, at the time, was 12 months old. If you know anything about Labradors, you know they are notorious chewers. They will chew anything & everything. Shortly after getting home from work, she got my cell phone that had slipped out of my pocket while sitting in "my" chair reading the paper & chewed it into a billion tiny pieces.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom