My Home Town Pics

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Philinnz, May 2, 2005.

1. Just showing a few images of my home town...

Wellington, New Zealand

[​IMG]
    Te Papa - the National Museum

[​IMG]
    Wellington at Twilight

25987990.12febcablecar.
    The Cable Car

22374835.102viewtohutt.
    View Over the Harbour

37031971.zigzagroad.
    Oriental Parade

2. I have the dreaded red X and can not view your images.

3. red X

I see the pics in perfect colour - not quite sure why you have the red-x

4. --

Red X for me too. :shock:

5. ARGH!! I hate the red x from "you know where"!! ARGH!!! :x :x :x :x :x

6. Thanks for sharing a glimpse of your home town. Love the images., especially the one with the tram ( is that what you call it?) . Wellington would be proud to have these images displayed.
    I really enjoy seeing pictures from all over the world. Gives us a glimpse of our differences but more importantly our similariities!

Bohdan

7. Thanks Bohdan - the "tram" is our Cable Car, goes from downtown to the botanic gardens, some 300ft asl.

Does anyone have any clues as to why some can see the images and some get red-x's?

8. Ahhhhhhh, there they are!! Beautiful shots Phil. Your second shot (Wellington at Twilight ) is a gorgeous shot!! :D :D :D

9. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    I too get only the red X.

10. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    I might be wrong, but am guessing that it might have to do with my firewall or anti-spam. I notice it happening a lot more since I "upgraded" to Service pack 2 in XP.

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I traced your image back to pbase and was able to view after I took off part of it. I am not sure how you got that URL.. Looked funny.

I am not that good at tracing all of them back and reposting them.

However someone will surely come by and help you out. In the mean time I will try again.

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Lets see if this works.

http://www.pbase.com/philinnz/image/40272906.jpg

This is what your URL should look like.

Then you close tag at the end.

Ok go to the pbase picture and open it to large

Copy the url

Come here and choose IMG from the list above

Paste the url in add .jpg at the end then click close tag see if that works for you..

I chose a gorgeous image I just happened to find there.

[ATTACH=full]8077[/ATTACH]

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I will say that is double, triple, wow, and great PS work.

Cheers !!!!!

14. thanks Gale for that, slightly different from posting previously to other sites. On the image I would right click it, open "properties", copy and paste the URL, but that method does not seem to work quite so well here..:-(
    Will use your method on future postings.
    Re the image you pulled in - the river is the Murray River in Australia taken near Madura at dawn. The bird is a brown bittern taken in NZ, the moon is full! The dawn scene was taken with my cp5000, the other two with D100 and tamron 70-300 lens

15. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    That's pretty spectacular, even down to the reflection.

One question: Is it my eye or is the reflection just a little too far left?