My Homemade strap..

Decided not to order the seatbelt material online, and make it myself.

Used 5 feet of 1.5" nylon strapping, this one has a snap connector to join it. used a padded shoulder pad to cover the hardware.

Also added the FastenR3 from blackrapid.

Not a bad little strap, works great, very sturdy and comfortable.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_0246 by Thezaphod042, on Flickr

Total cost to make was about 25.00, inc, the FastenR3.

It is very functional, the only thing I want to work on it keeping it in place, even with the slide hook (which works great) the connection hardware, with the shoulder pad will at times slide around, want to figure a way to prevent that from happening.

The great thing is it was made to the exact length I wanted, no adjustment area needed on the strap, less of a failure point that way.

I would keep an eye on the pot metal hook. You may never have a problem with your 3100 and kit lenses but I would watch it. GH

It is very functional, the only thing I want to work on it keeping it in place, even with the slide hook (which works great) the connection hardware, with the shoulder pad will at times slide around, want to figure a way to prevent that from happening.
As long as the shoulder pad is half-way fixed to the strap, I'd recommend picking up one of these plastic cam buckles and sliding it onto the webbing to act as a "bumper" (in the words of Black Rapid). I picked up a couple for the straps that I made earlier, though I haven't felt the need to use them yet.

Ahh what I ment was the strap will slide around as a whole, not stay in one spot, even though the metal hook slides with ease, the whole strap will rotate at times ...

GH41: What was your answer? Might not like the cost, but will give me an idea ....

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom