My hot rod, and some advice please

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by clickcanada, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Here are some pics of the car that my dad and I have built. it was a complete car last year, but due to some new safety regulations, we took the car completely apart and re-built it over the winter. We hit the track yesterday and made some passes, felt really good after all that work.

This was the car around x-mas, starting to go back together.

[​IMG]

The back of the car before the tin work.

[​IMG]

The car right before painting

[​IMG]

And after it was painted. it is 2006 BMW x3 blue (it is as close as I could get to owning a bimmer :biggrin:)

[​IMG]

I want to take some great pics of the car (action shots are out cause I am the one doing the driving :cool:), so I am in need of some ideas as to some great backdrops for some static shots. I can trailer the car just about anywhere, throw some ideas at me and I will see what I can come up with.

Oh, and I have a D70 with a 18-55 kit lense and a 50/1.8 with a SB-600 for gear to work with.

Thanks for looking.

Michael

2. Ghunger

Ghunger

Apr 2, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    Would the track you race at let you set up some static shots and such on and around the strip? Perhaps if you showed up early for a race (early morning light perhaps?) or on an off day? Maybe you could ply them with a few photos for their use? I guess I'm just thinking it might be odd shooting such a purpose built drag car out of it's element.

3. Pete

Pete

Jun 10, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Take it to the local gas station or auto parts store and get pics of you signing autogaphs like the pros do. Better yet, do you have a Hooters Restaraunt? The girls will come out and pose with your car. Be sure to post them.
    Pete

4. Now THAT is a great idea!! I will have to stop by there and see if I can get the gals to pose for a few pics.

I like the idea of getting some shots at the track, having the car in the environment in which it is built for makes sense, I am just not too sure that the track officials will give me access to the track but it is worth asking.

Thanks for the great ideas so far.:wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2007
  5. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Hooters in Richmond, KY sponsor an annual benefit car show. I compete in many shows each season with a tricked out C5; this particular show is a perennial favorite for several reasons. Maybe this will work for you, too:
    137062030-L.